Not Together But Looking Good!

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by quantumblack, Dec 4, 2009.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actors Hill Harper and Jennifer Carpenter, 2015.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

3. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Daisy Ridley and John Boyega from Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens.

4. quantumblack

quantumblack Active Member

SNL's Jay Pharoah and actress Ali Larter

[​IMG]

5. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Who is that with Will Smith?

6. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Mariah Carey

He looks smitten with her! Great pic!!

7. blackbull1970

Mariah Carey does not identify herself as white.

The industry wanted to market her white when she debuted, but she stated she was bi-racial

8. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Definitely remember that. :rolleyes:

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember a lot of white people thought that she was white. When I mentioned that she was biracial, they yelled, "NO, SHE'S NOT!" I didn't hear anymore after it all became known.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's been my experience that black folks are pretty good at spotting biracial (black/white) people. Mariah Carey didn't fool me for a second.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Race is such a bullshit concept that it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember that too about Mariah. She was packaged to be a White singer doing soul tunes. I never forget her duet with ODB.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember the following white women who had a soulful voice. Sheena Easton, Teena Marie, Annie Lennox(Eurhymics), and Taylor Wayne. Barbra Streisand, and Carole King even had soulful voices. I guess if you can feel it, it wouldn't matter what race or ethnicity the singer is. Janis Joplin is also another example. She grew up listening to blues singers. And she was from Texas.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  14. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Mike Epps and Kate Hudson.

15. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

She reminds me of Jennifer Lopez for some reason. :p

16. Soulthinker

Can't wait to so the project they are both in. Mike Epps always could steal a scene from a actor.

17. blackbull1970

Dont forget about Madonna.

The record studios wanted to market her as a white soulful singer.

Her music originally debuted on black only radio stations across America back in the mid 80's (when there was a such thing as black owned radio stations).

Madonna fought against it. I think they showed it in that biopic that came out on TV awhile ago.

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I thought Madonna was a white woman with a black woman's body. I loved her pot belly and butt before she lost the weight. She did an interesting rendition of "Love Doesn't Live Here Anymore." I think she had a respect for r&b and soul music.

I remember the group Ambrosia. These guys were white but had a very black sound. Their songs were played in a lot of black radio stations. Songs like Biggest Part Of Me and How Much I Feel and You're The Only Woman were classics on black radio stations in the 80's. Madonna's music had a beat that was enjoyed on black radio stations because it was all about the best.

19. Ray9968

Ray9968 Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Soulthinker

Seems Kanye is always high when he meet Taylor Swift.