New Host Of The Daily Show

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

With ALL the comedic satirists we have in this country, I don't get this hire.

Seems lazy to me and not well thought out.

Maybe The Daily Show will become like The Soup, where they have rotating hosts every few years.

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

This guy just got here. What the hell? I knew they've been considering him but, man, it is too early to put him in that spotlight.

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True JS. Let's hope he has that bite. Homeboy has big shoes to fill.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yeah and they let a long time go to another show....what in the world

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I got to agree with the rest of the folks here. but lets be honest who wasn't busy....

Larry has his show
    Colbert has his show
    Olvier has his show.
    The married couple didn't want it or have left.
    Basically, everyone has left and only a couple of new people are there.

7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed Trevor's HBO special, it was funny and clever with an intelligent and more international worldview. Looking forward to seeing what he does with the Daily show. I was rather pleasantly surprised to see another BM land the prime spot when Larry Wilmore had already snagged the Nightly show gig, props to Comedy Central.

8. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I just wanna know can he make the same faces Jon Stewart did? Lol Sometimes, that's all I needed to crack up.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i know rite.

how in the world u come behind jon

10. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

That's another reason why I was surprised to learn that CC was pursuing Trevor to take over for JS. They already had one black guy doing a show in their prime hours.

I mean congrats I guess. But HUGE shoes to fill there for a guy who just arrived off the boat. :)

I don't doubt his intelligence or his grasp of global concerns. But there is an old saying in college basketball that you never want to be the coach who immediately replaces a legend who steps down. Instead you want to be the coach replacing that replacement coach because by that time you won't have to worry as much about the spotlight or living up to the standards of the Hall of Fame coach that retired years earlier.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

classic....lol

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Probably. His jokes are lame from what l see.

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I thought the same with larry but he got me hooked. trevor isn't american. That will be the flaw. Stewart and almost everyone but oliver grew up understanding the culture. trevor not so much....

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

funny you say that because I hadn't written and then erased the fact that this show is primarily an American politics comedy show, no? How long has he lived here?.

Who is Larry?

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

So is this the anti-Semite, 1/4 jewish guy they chose to to helm the show

16. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member