Random media commentary

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Dec 6, 2014.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Many of the reviews state that you can find better or at the same for a lower price and that you are paying for name brand.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I agree just worth way more than ten bucks though

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He doesn't have enough mindless followers to sustain that crowd up there with him. Like l just said to TDK...if the comment viewpoints are an indication...this won't fly

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I hope you are right. I may be bias. We will see.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Utter waste. In so many ways.
    He got real lucky they approved him. Normally very strict. Think of the next person he got it over them...hope they got a heart and didn't die...

Chocolatecream4U would be upset seeing this. He is an organ recipient and he treats his body like a temple after it. He is forever grateful for the sacrifice made (he has posted here about it.)

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah it's a special thing when you luck up and get an organ you very much need

It's a new lease on life

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So just finished reading this fantastic opine on Tidal.... He nailed it, IMO...

Excerpt....But no, that’s not Tidal. A group of people with a combined wealth of over $2.7bn want to make themselves even richer, with no mention of the artists who struggle to make ends meet – that sounds more like it. No mention of their less successful comrades. So you can imagine where the focus of Tidal is going to be, and where its allegiances will lie.
    "This is for the people, by the people" said Beyoncé. What she really means it's for these super-rich artists by these super rich artists, and we can pay the extra price.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...niclike-cult-where-do-i-sign-up-10148290.html

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

You mean the rich are out to get richer while the poor remain poor?

Unheard of ;)

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Hehe....

Guys like Kanye and Jay Z aren’t fussed about the evils of capitalism. This is a simple act of self-preservation. If they really want to make something that is better than Spotify, then they can do it. Good luck to them. But to do it under the guise of some community project, with a higher moral purpose? No thanks.
    To quote Alicia Keys in her opening gambit, “We believe Nietzsche couldn’t have been more right when he said ‘without music, life would be a mistake’.” That might be true, but I couldn’t be more right when I say that without Tidal life will be just fine, thanks.

13. The Dark King

It's not even the attempt at getting richer as much as they are fucking lazy as all hell and their egos are so massive to believe people will just want to pay for Tidal over using Spotify for free. They offer nothing else, they truly believe they are so wonderful people are just going to give them money just because.
    They use to produce inspiring uplifting music that made you think (I'm looking at you Kanye and Jay) now they're just money hungry for the sake of having money. It makes me want to purposely seek out the artist who aren't messing with them and support them.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

15. The Dark King

16. The Dark King

I'm willing to be its pure speculation based on subscribers who are using a free trial and they're betting on the fame of the other participants to brand this a success. Its usually a bunch of out of touch people who know little about the space and the consumers. It's hard enough to get people to buy music but to buy it at double the price of the leading competitor just because Jay-z said so? Doubt it

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I tried spotify for free...but the sound quality was garbage so I tried their trial. It's like 10 bucks a month after the trial period ends...but I don't think I'll be paying for that when I can just look up youtube vids with the same quality for free

18. The Dark King

They're shutting that shit down I hear.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lmao

All good things must come to an end!

Seriously tho times are tough and people need to be able to eat porterhouse instead of pig guts

Line my pockets America!

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree with you more here.

I am all for paying artists for their work but if l pay you for your music, then l want that product permantly. If you want to stream it to me, then charge a reasonable price, damn.. Also, does this mean they will lower their outrageously-priced concert tickets? No way.

l also dislike monopolies, and like the article stated, they are self promoting and pushing other artists out. So Alicia can miss us with her global 'harmony'(pun intended)
    The color of money is all they see.