Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (New Trailer)

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by SilverSmith, Mar 22, 2015.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

[youtube]/tNPZGc0WmfM[/youtube]

Having scaled Dubai’s Burj Khalifa, Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) is moving from the world’s tallest building to the friendly skies in the first teaser for the fifth Mission: Impossible.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

2015 is shaping up to be outstanding theater wise!

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Seriously, when was the last time Tom Cruise made a bad movie? His shit is almost always off the chain.

This looks like it will be all kinds of sweet.

4. 4north1side2

For real! He know's how to pick em.

5. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Oblivion
    Jack Reacher
    Rock of Ages

Those were three bad ones in a roll right there.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:lol:

7. 4north1side2

Jack Reacher was not bad, fuck outta here.

8. samson1701

Did we see the same movies? ...lol

Right!

Jack Reacher and Oblivion were solid entertainment. Good but not great. He knows how to put together crowd pleasers. That's something a lot of people in Hollywood have forgotten how to do. They're either too scared to make a real action movie (too high minded) or they're hacks who believe all one needs to do is blow some shit up, roll over a couple of cars, toss in some lame ass fight choreography filmed with shakey cam and they have action movie gold. Cruise knows better. And this last little run of action flicks he's done proves it.

The only one I didn't like was Knight and Day with he and Camron Diaz. I though that was kind of flat.

I did not see Rock Of Ages.

9. SilverSmith

10. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I'm always amazed to see how hard they work to not make Tom look short lol:smt036

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Someone mentioned that on a show before...the way Hollywood shapes the surrounding casts to make other actors look a certain way

Dudes like 5'7 and some change

12. JamalSpunky

Raise your standards.

13. JamalSpunky

Which is one of many reasons why Jack Reacher didn't work for me as a film. Ever read the books? The guy's a giant. So obviously they cast Tom Cruise. Whatever. I could more easily buy him as a white samurai warrior.....oh, wait! Another bad film.

14. SilverSmith

[youtube]/gOW_azQbOjw[/youtube]

Here's the full trailer, ladies and gents. This "mission" is gonna be a blast!

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

16. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation's leading lady Rebecca Ferguson may have elegance and sex appeal in abundance, but Paula Patton is so freakin' hot. I wanted so badly for her to reprise her role for the new film.

17. 4north1side2

You ain't lying. Paula is something else!

[​IMG]

18. JamalSpunky

Forget Jason Bourne. This franchise is the real American James Bond simply based on Ethan hooking up with a different woman (to some extent) in each film

19. samson1701

I've never read the books. But, if I had, it wouldn't deter my enjoyment of the film. I try to judge films based on books on there own merit. The books are one thing. The film's are an alternate universe where different things can and will happen. If I didn't do that, I would not have been able to enjoy most superhero movies.

And The Last Samurai was good, too. You just don't like Cruise. Dude maks good movies pretty consistantly. You're just not feelling him. And there's nothing wrong with that.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Jack Reacher was pretty good. And this fifth installment of the Mission: Impossible franchise is sure to be a blockbuster and it will be no surprise since Tom Cruise insists on doing his own stunts(even this one). Have you ever noticed that actors in their 50's or older seem at home in action films? Sylvester Stallone once said that when he does a straight drama, he doesn't feel right but when he does action, he is at home with the raw physicality of the project(look at Rambo and the Expendables films). It is the same with Liam Neeson. Almost every film after Taken was just like Taken(with the exception of Battleship).