Brigitte Bardot

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by sarah23, Mar 26, 2015.

1. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen Brigitte Bardot movies?
    Famous French movie star, now in her eighties.
    Interestins as some of her movies were banned in USA as being "too racy" and the showing of a white bum "might encourage black men to rape white women"
    Example: Viva Maria 1965, where she is doing burlesque style strip tease.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Curious as to where you saw that quote regarding Brigitte Bardot's movies. because frankly she was in the same era as Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch, Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield who were pretty sexily dressed, so just l wonder why Brigitte Bardot elicited that kind of quote, and I'd like to know who said It.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised in the 1950s and early '60s for a movie chain down South to use that excuse not to show a Bridgitte Bardot flick in a mixed race or Black neighborhood.

I had an uncle who told us once how he caught grief as a teen in Louisiana for staring too long at a Rita Hayworth movie poster.:smt060

4. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

True, but Brigitte Bardot was undressed. nothing really racy for us today but back then it seemed to be too much. Saw it on a documentary about Brigitte Bardot.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I've seen two of them. ...And God Created Woman(the one where Brigitte dances with a black man in the Afro-Cuban group. In that film, Brigitte was a firecracker. There wasn't any nudity per se, because she was 17 at the time of ...And God Created Woman. She and director Roger Vadim became an item and later married. And Don Juan(it was a feminine take on Don Juan and she has a lesbian fling with actress Jane Birkin). Both good movies, in my opinion.