has tv become too diverse....?

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Mar 26, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]YZSQMIGWPQg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

a tv editor said theres too much diversity....whats your response?

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I say she's full of it. There's still not enough diversity in the industry in my opinion.

Regardless of how she's trying to make it sound, what she's basically saying is that there's more diversity than she wants there to be.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Institutional racism alive and kicking.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw a program on cable called That Gal That Was In That Thing. It was a discussion among actresses about acting in Hollywood. I was surprised of their responses to issues like age, weight, race, family, gender roles, and other issues. Actress Alicia Coppolla mentioned that she can play many races and ethnicities, including black because her great grandmother was black. And the observation by actress Roma Maffia(she was in the film Disclosure as Michael Douglas' attorney and was in the film Nick Of Time with Johnny Depp, and other films and shows) explained how to succeed as an actress; don't go to Hollywood. She also talked about the issue of diversity. She explained that there is diversity in movies and television. But there is not enough.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Not too diverse, but some groups are over-represented.

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

There are too many 100 lb. white women who can beat up whole squads of grown men, and too many supermodels we're supposed to believe are hardcore cops

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

My response? 99 percent of what tv feeds me is still white

Preach it Hebrew

Yeah..like whites duh

The average American woman is plus sized and can throw some weight around if caught in a fight, yet the average woman on tv is like you said....100lbs soaking wet, performing all sorts of acts against men twice their size that defy the laws of physics

Where's the justice

8. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Wtf is wrong with her.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Easy...she's not from Sweden

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Not just Whites though. Jewish people and gay people are also vastly over-represented.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Considering gay people are being killed in places where it's still officially/unofficially illegal to be gay (african countries...middle east, etc)..I'd see why they're in the media more often

It helps raise awareness and acceptance because face it, gay people are still widely shit upon by religions, cultures, etc

My parents never disowned me for being black

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Dude killed it. Just a bunch of whiners who can't conceive a world where everything doesn't reflect their lives.

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Because they're black too duh
    Gays have gained ground at lightning speed but let's be accurate white wealthy gay men are doing well everyone else is still in the struggle

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Hold on. I honestly do not want to watch TV shows with everyday looking women on there. Yeah, so Thea, after only a few months of training can now hold her own against trained assassins. Yes, it's highly improbable but so is a guy in a leather outfit fighting armed gunmen with nothing more than a bow and some trick arrows. Let the Supermodels kick some ass. It's all part of the fantasy.

Seriously, I don't want to see a bunch of everyday people on my TV. Give me the Hollywood pretty people so I can better separate myself from real life for that hour or so.

Shit, I live in Van Nuys, CA and I'm from the Detroit area. If I want the real life gritty, gritty I could easily observe it any time of day or night, 7 days a week. Miss me with them hulkish chicks who look like they could really kick some ass...lol

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

17. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Lol:smt036

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That is because Hollywood was started by Jewish people and continues to be run by Jewish people. There are actors and actresses that no one knew was Jewish. Sometimes, it was because they wanted to work, so they have to change their names to appeal to white America. Jewish people make fun of themselves a lot. I used to watch the sitcoms Mad About You and Dream On(Dorien Wilson had a few ir hookups on that show). I loved those shows. Gays are slowly being an accepted group on television because there are more roles for them(usually comedic). Steven Hill, who played IMF agent-in-charge Danny Briggs in the first season of Mission: Impossible, was an orthodox Jew and he couldn't work on Saturdays. So, Peter Graves replaced Hill in the character of Jim Phelps.

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Gays also are harder working,creatively artistic and more focused than straights. They are more united than straights as a community. They know what's going on and they are very aware of the challenges faces them and their place in the world.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

what trips me out is that with the competition for ratings they should show different races and etc....

one of my favorites is "fresh of the boat" that show is funny.

i heard that more blacks are watching that show than asians