The "Don't Waste Your Time and/or Money To See This Film" Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, May 13, 2011.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

sooooo....i take it you hated it.

im glad you saved me the trip.

i like bronson.....darn

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I didn't hate it. But I just thought it wasn't a well-written movie and I don't think you should waste your time, but especially not your money. It wasn't even entertaining, IMO. Some movies aren't written very well, but are still kind of entertaining, or worth it to see on the big screen because of the action, etc. But this movie is NOT one of those movies, IMO.

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

4. Bookworm616

Awwwww.....I didn't think it was worth a "don't waste your time". The action was great. Though the forced love story was bad. I thought it was worth seeing in the theater for the visuals.

5. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I liked it too! I'm pretty easy to please with movies though, so...:smt102

6. Bookworm616

I've been accused of being too easy to please with movies, but I have different rating scales for movies.

Non-Oscar bait movies (comedies and summer popcorn movies) get good scores if I was entertained by them.

Oscar bait movies are graded on a MUCH harder scale.

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I saw JS and it is a good flick. I don't get how a woman can run with heels?

8. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It had a couple of so-so moments with the raptors & the t-rex, but I was left wishing I could get those two hours back. I kept thinking 'why am I watching this crap?', and I couldn't stop fidgeting or checking the time on my phone (maybe I should've played on my phone to help pass the time). I think they did a terrible job with the movie (the actors were awful too), and yes, idiot running around in heels was ridiculous. I didn't really have high expectations, but it was still a disappointment.

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Q9wdBHSYQkE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  10. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I tried to watch this movie but ended up leaving the only thing that kept me in was the new dinosaur. To hear that it is simply a trex with longer arms and to hide it for so long was the last draw. To be fair, I expected to see something like the first one since I had that on vhs and watched at least 10 times so I was going to be disappointed no matter what. I'm sorry but this chris pratt(or w/e) needs to stick to funny movies. I let him slide on guardians but that wasn't that great of a movie so I knew that coming in. Plenty of funny one liners though in guardians.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Bookworm616

This we can agree on....Guardians of the Galaxy was great.

13. archangel

Gurdians was built on the fact that it was a b movie in comparison to the other avengers from what I remember. It wasn't given any where near the hype of any of the avengers. It was that comedy with action movie you go to see.

14. Bookworm616

Yep, you're remembering correctly.

And what surprised everyone was how good it turned out to be.

IMHO, it's a close second to The Avengers as being the best superhero movie.

15. archangel

You had to lower your expectorations unlike avengers. This sort of let you give it better props than it would have gotten.

16. samson1701

You know I got mad love for you. But, lets not get carried away. We all know The Dark Knight is hands down thee best superhero movie of all time. With, Superman 2 tying it for the top spot if one accounts for the era in which it was made and the nostalgia factor.

17. archangel

I think spiderman 2 out ranks avengers dubious on the dark knight.

and I said spiderman 2 that came out over ten years ago and not that amazing crap that needed an end.

18. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Fuck no!

19. samson1701

Dude, that was damn near brilliant. It was a well told crime drama dressed in a superhero suit. Should have won best picture that year but superhero films get no love at the Oscars unless it's for technical achievements.

20. Bookworm616

It has been, sadly, decades since I've seen the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, so I can't attest to how great they are...

The Dark Knight is an excellent movie, and frankly I forgot about it. LOL.

For some reason, Christopher Nolan's Batman movies don't feel like superhero movies to me. They're just too dramatic. When I think of those movies, I don't even think about the fact that Batman is a superhero.

I totally forgot about Spiderman!! Spiderman 2 (the ONLY Spiderman movies I consider when thinking about Spiderman) was the best one of the trilogy.

The Andrew Garfield ones I don't like at all. I only saw the first one, but it wasn't a good movie and the reviews were less than stellar for the second one, so I passed on seeing it.

I loved Tobey Maguire as Spiderman.

In fact, I think Spiderman is my favorite of all the superheroes. I don't know why since I HATE spiders. Haha.