Wilfred

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by pettyofficerj, Sep 19, 2012.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Funny show

i liked Elijah Wood in the Lord of the Rings, and this show makes him even more likable as an actor

[​IMG]

don't watch if you don't like twisted homo-erotic moments (technically Wilfred is a 'dog,' but you know he looks kinda human..hmm) or occasional racial humor

it comes on FX and has plenty of profanity as well

2. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

wilfred is one of my favourite shows and its translated well from the original australian to american

[YOUTUBE]LY_sL_RSex8[/YOUTUBE]

3. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

There is no end to Australia's greatness, for sure. :grin:

Gotta say though, even as an Aussie, I hate the show Wilfred. Hahahahahahaha!!!

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I agree this. it isn't too good.
    Did you ever see a show called the librarian?

5. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Good show.

It is dark humor, and I'am really curious as to how Ryan is able to talk to Wilfred. I'am out of town for work and wont be able to see this last season until I get home on my DVR.

Is Ryan crazy, is he dead, is he in a coma?

I also like the twist of Bruce being able to see Wilfred and understand who and what Wilfred is.

It is better than the Aussie show. IFC channel sometimes shows marathons of the Aussie version.

6. wtarshi

I wouldn't say it's better than the Aussie version. The Aussie version is a little more raw and skewed towards our sense of humour

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i love it

i watched season 1 on netflix in a matter of days

8. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Wifred Series Finale

The Series Finale debuted this week.

The ending was interesting, and we found out who Wilfred is.

For those that have not seen yet, or quit watching it long ago and have not caught up.

This board does not have a "Spoiler" option, so scroll down to see a synopsis on the Series Finale.

SPOILER ALERT!

Wilfred was not real, all the interaction between Wifred and Ryan was in Ryan's head.

But.........Wifred passes away from lung cancer. We saw him as Wifred, and then about a minute later we saw him as a actual dog.

Later Ryan repeated what he did in the Series Premiere getting ready to commit suicide, he made that pill shake and took one swallow, he is interuppted by his mother showing up before finishing the pill shake.

His mother confess' Ryans' past about her joining a commune with his older sister. We find out Ryan's real father was the guy who founded the commune.

Ryan's mother leaves.....and Ryan passes out on the couch, he goes into a delirous state and see's Wifred and talks to him. Ryan then wakes up in the morning and Wifred is not there.

After this scene, there is no indication if Ryan is dead or still alive and the suicide attempt failed. So the rest of the show has you thinking.........

Wilfred appears and takes Ryan out to the old commune, Ryan meets the founder who admits he is Ryan's father and fully explains the commune and its activities. He admits it was all bullshit, but at the time he believed it. He admits there is no "Dog Gods".

He shows Ryan pictures from back in the day. We see Bruce who was a leading member and pretended to be the "Evil God Dog", and we see the guy who played Wifred who played the "Good God Dog" when the commune was active.

Ryan has a little breakdown and tries to ignore and dismiss Wilred from his life. One scene we see Wifred on a rooftop and he just fades out.

Later Ryan sees Wifred and chases him, he goes back home and says he miss' Wilfred and wants him back.

Wifred returns.

The show ends with them on the beach talking.

Earlier, Jemma returns with Drew after fucking Ryan for about a week. Ryan finally realizes his feelings for her was all but a fantasy.

Ryan's sister finally gets her act together working as a social worker for poor single mothers.

Ryan's mother has hooked up with her shrink from the mental hospital, and seems normal.

So in the end, it appears Ryan will spend the rest of his life having a mental relationship with Wifred and really no real relationship with real people because of his mental state.

And it seems that all the people earlier who claimed to have seen Wilfred, were actually lunatics and just going along with Ryan. They showed earlier that all the physical interactions Ryan had with Wilfred was Ryan actually doing things to himself, with Wifred (the dog) close nearby.

The whole show seems to be a inside look on a person with severe mental issues.

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the final episode. Great show!

10. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Boring ass show.

11. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Lmfao!!!

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

So it's a guy dressed like a dog who is only visible to the Lord of the Rings kid

The dumbing down of America continues

13. wtarshi

It's actually based on the Australian series and I think it's hilarious.

To each their own :D