Democratic National Convention

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mikey, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

[youtube]idH8E7ka8Ok[/youtube]

Starting off this thread with Michelle Obama's speech (1 hour, 26 minutes) at yesterday's Democratic National Convention. Watching it now and I've gotten through 7 minutes so far. It's quite a very powerful and compelling speech.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...4acce20505161e31/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw7&wpmm=1

It made me think, what would things be like if Michelle Obama took Hillary Clinton's place and competed against Donald Trump? Our country's hate racism, hate and polarization would be even higher than it is now!

2. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

She's a beautiful woman...inside and outwardly. Very graceful and elegant. So well spoken

3. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

The video above is a big contrast to this, which is shown below. This exchange takes place in the Atlanta, GA metro area. Here, we see a 16 year old black male and a 16 year old white female, Trump supporters, arguing with an older black man and older white woman. Georgia is a swing state, but usually ends up voting Republican, regardless of the candidate. Trump may be able to carry that state in November.

[Youtube]wAeB_yl2E90[/Youtube]

4. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

[Youtube]8RchVnIn_-Y[/Youtube]

Former President Bill Clinton spoke about his early relationship with nominee Hillary Clinton, as well as her contributions to education, healthcare reform and foreign policy during his speech Tuesday night at the 2016 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.

5. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I see we leave out that Wasserman Schultz resigns amongst the railroading of Bernie sanders scandal and then is promote rewarded with a job as clintons campaign chairman.

https://www.google.com/amp/observer...man-schultzs-shady-behavior-with-new-job/amp/

Clinton Rewards Wasserman Schultz’s Shady Behavior With a New Job

On July 22, Wikileaks released 20,000 DNC emails, exposing DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the DNC staff of sabotaging Bernie Sanders’ campaign. In the wake of the fallout, Wasserman Schultz formally resigned from her position as DNC chair, only to be replaced by another Clinton surrogate, DNC vice chair Donna Brazile.

Rather than allowing Wasserman Schultz’s career to go down with her resignation, Clinton has awarded Wasserman Schultz a new role as honorary chair to the Clinton campaign’s 50-state program.

“There’s simply no one better at taking the fight to Republicans than Debbie—which is why I am glad that she has agreed to serve as honorary chair of my campaign’s 50-state program to gain ground and elect democrats in every part of the country, and will continue to serve as a surrogate for my campaign nationally, in Florida, and other key states,” Clinton announced.

6. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Now had this been the republicans this thread would be 10 pages long......

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I'm born and raised here, and I can tell you that we are definitely not a swing state. Republicans control every major statewide office and both houses of the General Assembly and despite Trump being the most hilariously unqualified candidate in the past few decades, he's still probably going to win this state without much trouble just because he has an R in front of his name.

8. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I really don't like it when ANY Sitting president uses my tax dollars to campaign for another candidate especially one I don't like

9. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Thank you for correcting me. The last time the state went Democratic was with Bill Clinton in his first presidential run in 1992. Hillary Clinton will have to campaign very aggressively here if she wants to win and/or Donald Trump will have to have a blunder of some sort (ie - he wants to involve Russians in our election because it assists him with winning the presidency). Lets be optimistic that there's a chance that Democrats can flip the state.

I'm not worried about that at all. Clinton will be fine.

10. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Speeches for yesterday that I'd be highlighting include:

Maryland Governor, Martin O'Malley

[youtube]THdw8sw3LO4[/youtube]

Vice President, Joe Biden
    [youtube]cd3At5nQ7Hg[/youtube]

President, Barack Obama

[youtube]vLp8ylrIk58[/youtube]

Clinton's Running Mate, Tim Kane
    [youtube]vUp0w0AfuG8[/youtube]

Bloomberg, L.P. CEO, Political Independent, Michael Bloomberg
    [youtube]C6GyphHLAmc[/youtube]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  11. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

From watching the convention yesterday, these are the speeches on the last day of the convention that I'd be highlighting. There may be one or two that I can't remember. However, I condemn Tulsi Gabbard's speech regarding giving Bernie Sanders the Presidential nomination after Hillary Clinton already-officially was recognized for it. This Sanders/Clinton clash keeps the possibility of Trump taking over politically.

SC Rep, James Clyburn
    [youtube]j0hZYpp7rb4[/youtube]

Chelsea Clinton
    [youtube]mpbyhoJvXQY[/youtube]

Iraq War, Khizhr Khan
    [youtube]7z7lN7nQjG0[/youtube]

Reverend William Barber
    [youtube]tbjhzI1g3EE[/youtube]

Ret. General, US Marine Corps, John Allen
    [youtube]8O0uv4_ryas[/youtube]

Ret. Professional NBA Player, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    [youtube]DX7V-cegdLo[/youtube]

Hillary Clinton
    [youtube]GOmwVXDdKRM[/youtube]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I was at a Dems viewing party last night, and I have to say, the sobbing by people watching it at a tavern was a bit much.

13. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Those guys are all impressive but they're no Scott Baio and...whoever the fuck that guy is from Duck Dynasty. Now that's real star power!

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Not sure how he could lambast Trump's ego..he campaigned to serve a third mayoral term and succeeded without voters approval.
    He ordered small businesses to stop selling larger soda sizes..wah?? Cutting into profits much? He was a dictator in NY.

Oh yeah..and that stop and frisk he pushed for12 years..even wrote an essay on how much it was needed.

Lol!
    A British blogger l read was laughing at the over the top ridiculous fanfare our politicians are treated to, viewed as and behave..like rock stars. It was embarrassing to them because they see it as they are simply running for office.

15. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

More to come

https://www.yahoo.com/news/assange-wikileaks-more-hillary-clinton-000000028.html

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange: 'We have more material related to the Hillary Clinton campaign'

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange won’t say whether Russia had any involvement in the emails his organization released on the eve of last week’s Democratic National Convention. But he says there are more leaks coming.
    “We have more material related to the Hillary Clinton campaign,” Assange told CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Friday night from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where the 45-year-old Australia native has been living in exile for several years. “That is correct to say that.”
    Assange admitted that last weekend’s release of the DNC emails — which suggested that members of the party’s national committee were plotting against Bernie Sanders in an effort to boost Hillary Clinton during their hard-fought primary — was timed to coincide with the Monday start of the Democratic convention in Philadelphia.

More in the link

16. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Forget my political leanings, I really do have a problem with an independent criminal entity deciding what private information they are allowed to hack and leak to the general public.

The last Wikileaks info drop about the DNC that showed the entire apparatus was geared to support HRC was not surprising at all and known by most people IMO.

It was a leak just to leak.

Now they're threatening another anti-Hillary Clinton leak and it makes me wonder what is Wikileaks' agenda??

Julian Assange is a far left progressive, so it appears since our State Department has labeled him a spy and international criminal, these leaks against the Hillary Clinton campaign are personal.

Is Wikileaks really trying to get Donald Trump elected POTUS??

A Trump presidency simply would not tolerate someone like Julian Assange and one day we would ready a story somewhere about how Julian Assange was found hanged in his bathroom, or dead from a horrific car crash.

Be careful what you wish for.

If Wikileaks was actually hacking and releasing major crimes and transgressions by world leaders, that's one thing.

But that's not what they're doing.

Assange thought he would be granted asylum somewhere in the West, however none of our NATO or Euro allies will allow him to step foot on their soil without arresting him immediately.

All these leaks during a U.S. presidential campaign are personal, not based on principle.

17. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

If this was putting the rnc in a bad light (which trump is single handedly doing) you would have no issue with this.

It's almost like Wikipedia, statistics, or any reference info, it's a great source info up until it doesn't support your beliefs lol

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This conversation is making my ears bleed. This is exactly why all people don't deserve an opinion that shit should be earned because otherwise you have simple ass folks talking about shit they don't know about.
    The older black guy arguing with kids about a subject he truly has no grasp on.
    A white guy with a confederate flag on his shirt complaining that white people can't make songs talking shit about black people.
    And these simple ass kids talking about Trump policies as if they make any sense.
    And if I hear one more dumb ass with this all lives matter bs. Smh

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Julian Assange is trying to sabotage a U.S. presidential election with basically gossip.

The only real 'bombshell' from the last email leak was that the DNC contemplated attacking Bernie Sanders over his religion.

Dirty politics to be sure, but not really a crime or worthy of public consumption IMO.

You don't think there would be major dirt coming from the Trump campaign if they were hacked by Wikileaks??
    You really believe they couldn't hack the IRS and release a copy of Trump's tax returns.
    I just don't like to see the process manipulated by outsiders for their own personal benefit.

Assange is doing this for his own personal reasons and he couldn't give a shit about our presidential electoral process.

20. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

But you would be ok with the process manipulated by insiders for their own benefit? 0_o