The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had read the Death Of Captain America and was left with a rather odd feeling. Like The Death Of Superman(I cried when I read that book), I felt like Captain America didn't have to die. Steve Rogers had his own issues(like his daughter being a member of Hydra)and troubles with Nick Fury. U.S.Agent turned out to be a right-winger and that didn't sit well with Steve Rogers, so Steve returned to the fight. I knew that it wasn't long before Steve would return like Superman. But it was an interesting book.

Odin removed the Mjonir hammer belonging to Thor from Donald Blake. Thor was no longer connected to Blake. Because Thor killed Loki. But Thor sent Blake a staff and stated that the world still needs a hero. Donald Blake became Thunderstrike. I don't think that there was a series for Thunderstrike after his introduction.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

He would have been wayyyyyyy better as Connor Kent a.k.a. the clone Superboy

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Agreed

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Don Blake was never Thunderstrike. In fact the whole Don Blake identity that Thor had was constructed by Odin in order to teach Thor about being humble since he was insolent and arrogant prior to his becoming a "super hero". Odin arranged for Blake to find the walking stick that was actually Mjolnir in order to see if Thor, who had no memory of his true identity, was finally learning humility. Once Thor had finally proved to Odin's satisfaction that he had indeed learned to humble & contrite about his past insolence Odin revealed the full truth of the Blake identity & did away with it.

Thunderstrike was in fact a human later associated with Thor named Eric Masterson. Odin picked Masterson to be the new "Thor" after he seemingly banished the real Thor for killing Loki, but in fact hid Thor's essence inside Masterson in order to make Loki reveal that he wasn't actually dead since his "death" was all part of an elaborate plot to get rid of both Thor & Odin and finally take control of Asgard. After the real Thor was "resurrected" by Odin, Masterson was awarded his own uru hammer called Thunderstrike for doing a capable job as a substitute God of Thunder and used the name Thunderstrike as his superhero name. He had his own title for about a two year time period in the 90's that ended when he was killed off. Last I heard Masterson's teenaged son Kevin was the new Thunderstrike.

Masterson as Thor.

[​IMG]

Masterson as Thunderstrike.

[​IMG]

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. Good to know.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

First official look at Roy Harper as he takes up the identity of Arsenal for Season 3 of the Arrow series.

[​IMG]

And Wentworth Miller is slated to appear as Captain Cold for the new Flash series.

[​IMG]

7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I'd love another dark story like Majora's Mask....wouldn't you agree? :)

[YOUTUBE]aeZoH1Mi4QM[/YOUTUBE]

9. Morning Star

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night. No Phat Booty Shall Escape My Sight. Let Those Who Hate On Swag So Tight. Beware My Pimp Hand, Soul Lantern's Light!!!

[​IMG]

10. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that'd be awesome. I've been replaying Majora's Mask off & on the last few weeks. I forgot just how much I enjoyed the game.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Affleck In Bat Cowl

[​IMG]

12. Morning Star

I need to dust off my N64 again and experience the magic once more. Such fond memories.

13. Morning Star

Tupac: Resurrection.

14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Be right back, everyone. Catching the Defiance re-broadcast.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Revealed At The Current San Diego Comic-Con:

Avengers 2 : Age of Ultron Movie Poster (which is actually seven individual character posters) & first official Ant-Man Movie Poster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Here is your new Wonder Woman. She looks ok in the costume, but the browned out color palette is terrible looking IMHO

[​IMG]

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Not too bad. She does indeed seem to have more bulk to her frame than she did pre Wonder Woman casting. And agree, it needs to be in proper color tone to get a better feel for it.

18. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I agree

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I thought that Wonder Woman would be wearing pants. The color of the outfit is appropriate since she is a warrior. It worked well for Xena(Lucy Lawless would still be perfect for the role of Wonder Woman, even if she is a little older).

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And of course people are already putting up photo shop colored versions of the costume reveal....

[​IMG]