Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No happy endings people. The only thing we can hope to get is a good death

2. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Lol so true. Fella obviously wasn't fed bullshit fairy tales growing up

3. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

does this show have any black characters at all?

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I refuse to get emotionally invested in any more characters, lest I be let down again. :p

[YOUTUBE]snILjFUkk_A&feature=kp[/YOUTUBE]

Sad, but true. It's a brutal world out there. I feel like I'm starting to absorb the Hound's teachings. Lol

Yes, there are plenty. The bulk of the black characters are on the easternmost continent and centered around a couple of city-states and are with the Danerys Targaryen character. This group is in the process of consolidating their power and are regularly shown.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Damn, they totally watered down how it was revealed Prince Oberyn had poisoned the Mountain compared to the novels. Dude survived the stab wounds & cuts he received in the fight with Oberyn only to get locked up in a basement dungeon away from everyone else because he was screaming at the top of his lungs & out of his mind with pain due to the effects of the Manticore venom Oberyn had on his sword blade & spear tips rotting his flesh & mortifying his internal organs. Dude is shown unconscious on a table?? :smt090

At least they killed off the Hound in a far more spectacular way in the show than in the novels.

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, the way they handled the Mountain story was pretty lame. Also agree that the Hound's death was much better than in the books...I actually kinda felt sorry for him though.

I did enjoy seeing Tyrion kill his sorry ass father; I'd been looking forward to that scene all season. :smt023

I'm also looking forward to seeing what they do with Lady Stoneheart next season.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That's if they actually do it that is & don't go in a totally different & lame route. They didn't bring in Coldhands & his entire guiding Bran & his party to the location of the Three Eyed Crow & even killed off Jojen Reed, which in the novels didn't happen or at least hasn't yet happened since he is in a weakened & seemingly deteriorating state upon their arrival at & time so far spent in the lair of the Three Eyed Crow.

8. Tamstrong

I hope they don't do away with her presence in the story or lame it down too much. I know there's a lot to adapt to TV with so much going on in the books, but I hope it's not one of the things they leave out.

I somewhat understand not making room for Coldhands in the already packed story, but I was disappointed with the way the decided to kill off Jojen. :(

9. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Charles Dance Tywin character was the best. Totally improved over the book. I'll miss him.

Interesting to see what they do with the rest of the book.

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Coming in Season Five....

Prince Doran Martell, the ruler of Dorne & brother to the late Oberyn Martell and Oberyn's bastard daughters who are known as the Sand Snakes.

[YOUTUBE]WH2ri8RhSnw[/YOUTUBE]

12. orejon4

Alexander Siddiq is a dope actor. He's going to have to use his acting chops to play an aging, corpulent, gout-stricken ruler.

13. chamber

chamber Active Member

The actor who plays Grey Worm also releases music on Columbia records under the name Raleigh Ritchie.

[YOUTUBE]/QoyMvE5g7f8[/YOUTUBE]

14. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Interesting. Different. Thanks Chamber

15. orejon4

Very cool. Thanks for posting!

16. Tamstrong

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Cartoon illustrations based on character descriptions from the novels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. FRESH

FRESH New Member

This is halarious.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

20. Tamstrong

I wish he'd hurry up with the next book! I'm also extremely curious to see how they will handle some of the story lines from the book on the show. I wanna know what happens next, dammit!!!