FX's The Strain

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Anyone else catch the premiere last night? Interesting mix of the old vampire lore with modern day disease/infection science. It will be interesting to learn exactly how the parasites transform a human host into a totally new & unique creature that is basically an intelligent virus & the connections to the old vampire lore.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Damn! The premiere was last night? For some reason I thought it was this weekend! Dang! Thanks for the heads-up. I'll see if I can catch it online.

3. satyr

satyr New Member

I didn't like it. Bad acting and cheesy execution. Maybe it'll settle into a better rhythm.

4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Absolutely loved it!!!

I really enjoyed it when I caught it at midnight Monday. It has tremendous potential as portrayed by pilot episode and the pilot itself was highly-intriguing in my opinion. I feel it is the best new show of the summer so far because I don't have to hold on and hope for something entertaining to occur in the third or fourth episode like many new series . . . the first one had me angry at the commercials lol.

Sunday night has too many good shows on now . . . I am behind on a couple shows now. Monday at midnight might be my spot for "The Strain"

5. satyr

satyr New Member

Second episode was a vast improvement, more evenly paced and the actors seem be finding their characters (if that makes sense).

6. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Gotta agree with that. The first episode was iffy. The second one was much better.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The first & second episodes should have been combined into one extended premiere episode. They set things in motion in the first episode & the second helped to establish things a bit more, especially the old vampire hunter & his connection to what appears to be the master vampire & his servitor.

8. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

First episode was weak for me. Acting and dialogue was terrible, but maybe I'll give it more of a chance.

9. orejon4

Does anyone think it's getting better week by week? I sure do. And props to Ra for sending me the link to this thread.

10. satyr

satyr New Member

The narrative is really picking up and appreciate how the vampirism is rooted in a viral infection that alters the DNA of its host. Very imaginative.

11. orejon4

I thought that last night's episode really upped the ante.

12. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

This show is point.

Moving fast with the story.

13. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

You know that an episode is really good when it just flies the fuck by smdh. This is the hottest new show of the summer I tried to tell y'alll