Young Barack Obama Interracial Story

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by SilverSmith, Mar 1, 2016.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

03/01.2016

The story of a young Barack Obama trying to find his way in 1981 New York City has found its two leads.

Devon Terrell and Anya Taylor-Joy, the star of the hit horror movie The Witch, will star in Barry, an indie drama being directed by Vikram Gandhi, a Vice correspondent who made the documentary Kumare.

Black Bear Pictures (The Imitation Game) is producing with Cinetic Media. The movie is expected to begin shooting in April.

Barry explores the time when Obama was a college student exploring the Big Apple where he has a fateful encounter with a young woman.

The script was written by Adam Mansbac. He tackled race with his novel Angry Black White Boy.

Black Bear's Teddy Schwarzman and Ben Stillman are producing along with Cinetic's Dana O'Keefe as well as Gandhi.

Barry is the second young-Barack-Obama tale making its way to the big screen. Southside With You, a film about the early years of Obama's relationship with First Lady Michelle Obama, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I knew it. The independent film venture is the best way to get this type of film made. Hollywood wouldn't dare touch this film.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  3. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Damn right :smt043:smt043

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm interested to see the public reaction to this film once it's released.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

It's an indie movie, that will only get a limited release. It'll come & go without getting much mainstream attention.

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I guess it depends how it's done, but since I've never seen this slant taken on a previous President before, it kind of rubs me the wrong way that the first Black POTUS is being reduced to the lead in a romcom.

Maybe it's just the times we live in.

But I've never for instance seen a film depicting ALL THE AFFAIRS JFK had while in office, including Marilyn Monroe.

That would be a helluva flick.

Obama has to deal with so many 'firsts' it's just a damn shame.

If this film has any bedroom scenes with Obama and this chick, IMO that's just way out of bounds.

When is the last time a flick showed a historical figure like the POTUS getting pussy??:neutral:

If this is the trend, I hope the same people do a film exploring the intimate details of Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings' 'relationship'.smh

7. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Not interested, a movie revolving around Obama and Michelle relationship would be far more interesting.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

James Brolin played Ronald Reagan. His son Josh played George W. Bush. Look for the film Power And Beauty. Natasha Henstridge played Judith Campbell. Campbell dated Frank Sinatra, Sam Giancana and John F Kennedy. Kevin Anderson(from Rising Sun) played Kennedy. Check it out.

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There's already such a film, Southside With You, inspired by Obama and Michelle's first date. It's due out this year.

In the early 80s, Obama had a White sweetheart named Genevieve Cook. What's so wrong with making a film loosely based on that relationship?

10. andreboba

None of these films focused on a sitting president's former romantic life.
    I bet we see a bedroom scene in this Obama romcom.

11. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Damn, and we thought that conservatives hated the man before this movie became a reality...

12. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, I just checked out a clip

[​IMG]

Acting is fucking atrocious. You would think it's a bad parody.

13. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206951/

14. andreboba

I saw that and it wasn't really scandalous.
    Like, I wanted to see the FIRST time Thomas Jefferson walked on Hemings doing chores at Monticello, alone, and decided to have 'consensual' sex.

Or raped her. Take your pick.

That miniseries was about as tame as Masterpiece Theater on PBS.

Hemings and Jefferson didn't have a 'love affair'.smh
    She was just his go-to bottom bitch when he wanted to bust a nut.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

You're talking about the one with Sam Neill and Carmen Ejogo, right? That's the only one I recall.

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Noooooooo white men worship black women and only date for love

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Forget Kennedy, let's see ol Billy boy and his GH and WH sexploits. They can name it 'Devil in a Blue Dress Revisited"

18. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton?

Dude is tamed in comparison to Kennedy....

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

When JFK was a young Naval officer, he had a romance with a German woman named Ings. She was a decade older than Kennedy. And she was a Nazi spy.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm all for more prominent IR 'ships in movies & TV shows, but knowing how much the Obamas mean to black people, I can't co-sign this movie. I would've never greenlit this movie.