Bill Bellamy to Star in FOX’s new Interracial Family Sitcom Opposite Becki Newton

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/710428220550549504
    [​IMG]
    http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/bill-bellamy-fox-comedy-pilot-chris-case-1201732067/

2. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Uh-oh it's on FOX :toimonster:

3. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Soon to be canceled

4. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if it makes it past a few episodes before they decide to axe it.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

This is not True Colors, which lasted for about a couple of months. But the Fox network had In Living Color which lasted a few years. But these shows along with Roc and Parker Lewis Can't Lose, were all in the Sunday night time slot. This is what it will fall into in order to succeed, as well as viewership.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I was thinking of the same show too (true colors)

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

True Colors actually lasted a couple seasons.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098933/

8. darkcurry

It could work if they play into the Interracial Family Culture like Blackish. But from the pilot it sounds a bit like the show Michael Strahan had. These sports sitcoms doesn't have a good track record. I just hope if it fails they won't blame it on being an IR couple... and It looks like they are hyping it an IR sitcom even though the pilot says otherwise. Mistake.

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Fox has done well with black men in lead roles lately. Empire is still slaying in the ratings. Rosewood looks like it will be renewed for a second season. Plus, with Blackish doing so well for ABC, other networks are looking for something similar they can cash in on.

It makes sense for them to try this.

10. darkcurry

Rosewood's ratings last night according to Nielsen was 3.6 million (4th in it's time slot). It's growing on audiences says some critics, I know it's starting to grow on me. I like it now. Last night's episode was good.

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a cool little, breezy detective show. Nice to have a smooth brotha' in the lead. No gangster shit about him. Well dressed and hella' smart. He's almost like a cross between Sherlock Holmes, House (who was inspired by Holmes) and Castle. Though, the show isn't as well written as any of those, it's still fun seeing him solve crimes and get all the girls.

12. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Love 'em and leave 'em...

Bill will work 2 years, get 50 million and leave high and dry like his own show a couple of years back...

13. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Exactly no typecasting :cool:

14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True,his show will not last long.

15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Every night I'm all set to watch it, something happens. This week it's studying for an exam. I will catch it next week without fail.

16. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

I'm having trouble picturing Bill Bellamy as an ex lineman. Wide receiver, kicker, I guess, but...

-- and I know it's TV and all, but Bellamy's what, 50-ish? Assuming his character had a real-life NFL career it should have been over long ago.

I don't fault True Colors for what they tried to do.. But a lot of the scripts came across like unused Diff'rent Strokes stories.

Rest in peace Cleavon Little (replaced by Frankie Faison)...

17. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Bill Bellamy played Shamar Moore's friend in The Bounce Back.

18. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

I can't see Cuba Gooding as a footballer by any means but apparently people like him as O.J. Guess the acting is all that matters

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

There's no info on if Fox picked up this show last month. Since this show had no name when this pilot was announced, it's hard to look up info on it.

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

It didn't get picked up. I don't remember what it was but they gave it a stupid title. I saw an article last month but didn't get around to posting it here.

Edit: Winning Ugly! That was the awful title they chose for some reason.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/h...ng-ugly-fox-passes-pilots-others-still-alive/

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016