for those who love martial arts movies

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, May 30, 2016.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]9rcKqbiwfO4[/YOUTUBE]
    this is a list of the most influential ma mivies..

so do you agree and lets list other movies you love.

2. KWillo

KWillo Active Member

I definitely don't agree with this list.I would have fists of fury as no.1.Blade had much better martial arts than the Matrix and kill bill.IP man and bloodsport would make this list, too.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Blade was the joint

4. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

The Top Ten MA List of all time:

1. The Legend of Drunken Master (Jackie Chan)
    2. Hitman (jet Li)
    3. Legend of the Fist:Return of Chen Zen (TV Series compacted to DVD) (Donnie Yen)
    4. Chinese Connection (Bruce Lee)
    5. Magnificent Butcher (Sammo Hung)
    6. Once Upon a Time in China IV (Vincent Zhao)
    7. Tai Chi II (Jackie Wu)
    8. The Prodigal Son (Yuen Biao)
    9. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Non-MA: Chow Yun Fat, Michelle Yeoh, Zhang-Ziyi, Credit Yuen Wo Ping MA Director)
    10. House of Flying Daggars (Non-MA: Andy Lau, Zhang Ziyi, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Credit Yuen Wo Ping MA Director)

5. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

The Prodigal Son was nice.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Wasn't Jackie Chan's Police Force in the list? Or The Master Of The Flying Guillotine , which influenced the fighting video games like Street Fighter, Mortal Combat and others?

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

1. Fists of Fury
    2. The Kid With the Golden Arm
    3. Five Deadly Venoms
    4. Master Killer aka Enter the 36th Chamber
    5. Shaolin Executioner aka Kung-Fu Executioner
    6. Game of Death
    7. Enter the Dragon
    8. Duel of the Iron Fist
    9. Masked Avengers
    10. Flag of Iron

Honorable Mention:
    11. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    12. House of the Flying Daggers

8. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I see you dig Shaw films. . Invincible Shaolin was a good one as well.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Fuel of the Iron Fist was considered as one of the first Hong Kong action films. The 5 Deadly Venoms was a well made mystery. Both films, including the anime films Ninja Scroll and Fist of the North Star, I believe influenced Rza to make his love letter to martial arts films with The Man With The Iron Fists. He used other films but those are what I have seen in that film.

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The Matrix would not be where it is if the Wachowski brothers didn't hire legendary fight choreographer Yuen Wo Ping.

Yuen Wo Ping worked on the Jet Li actioner Black Mask a couple of years before The Matrix.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]sEnL3ukPauM[/YOUTUBE]

Ten best fight scenes?

12. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

You guys seem to have skipped quite a few "Ninja" movies as well as, Tony Jai or female martial artist, all which have contributed to the continued popularity of martial arts.

I would agree on any Bruce Lee flick as his popularity undoubtedly brought MA to the masses...I would say Enter the Dragon (because it included a white and black martial artist: Saxon and Kelly). Crouching Tiger is the beginning of outstanding wire work and cinematic display. Michelle handled her biz. Iron Monkey will make you loose 5lbs sitting in your seat. The Matrix is and was state of the art CG. The extended finger tip thrust will go down in history. I would say On Bak as Tony Jai showcased Thai Boxing. 5 Deadly Venoms as it introduced Karate styles. There are too many Shaw Bros flicks to easily pick a few. Any of the Rurouni Kenshin flicks as the sword play is boss. As corny as it may be, I really liked American Ninja. I don't think you can mention MA if you don't have flying stars, nun chucks, smoke bombs, swords, jumping and all that shit.

13. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

IP 1,2 & 3

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Check out Tony Jaa in Spirited Killer 4. He fights another Thai star named Panna Ritikrai, whi took Jaa under his wing. The views of Thailand are pretty neat. More fun than Bangkok. I guess the film was made outside Chiang Mai. Jaa's style is MuaiThai Buran. It's a rather complex Muai Thai style that is fast and unpredictable. Another film Jaa was in was called The Protector, filmed in Thailand and Australia and has some pretty wild scenes that would make Jackie Chan blush.

Donnie Yen did an interesting film called Kill Zone with Sammo Hung.

15. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

The Protector has a long 1 take scene with him kicking ass running up what seemed like a 1000 stairs!

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That was a long and vertical fight scene
    The film The Raid:Redemption had similar fight scenes.

I almost forgot to mention Sonny Chiba. He was power, personified, whereas Bruce Lee was speed, power and grace. I didn't realize how brutal his films were. The first one I saw on tv was The Killing Machine. Later, I saw him in the film Message From Space(Japan's answer to Star Wars), Aces: Iron Eagle 3, the Street Fighter films(and an occasional appearance in Sister Street Fighter), Viva Chiba: The Bodyguard and Kill Bill Vol. 1.
    Sonny Chiba is a ninja.

17. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

Have you guys ever seen Chocolate? Jeeja Yanin/Vismistananda. There are too many fight scenes in this movie which are awesome:smt055 Her little ass gets busy!!! (In the movie) She has autism and can pretty much mimic any style that she watches ...within a few minutes. She, of course, learns to fight watching TV (I think it was a Bruce Lee movie)...later, from a fight gym/dojo across from her mom's home. She fights another autistic guy near the end of the flick and it is massive!:prayer: Kicks, knees and Thai elbows, baby :smt055

18. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I'll have to check it out.

19. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

You can see some of the fight scenes from the movie on youtube. Tony Jaa helped w/the flick.