The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Ra, look for a film called The Whole Wide World. It stars Vincent D'Onofrio , Renee Zellwegger and Anne Wedgeworth(from Three's Company). It is the story of Robert E. Howard who would be in the process of creating Conan, The Barbarian and having a troubled relationship with Noveltine Price, a school teacher who is fascinated by Howard's creativity but not his lifestyle which gave Howard the inspiration for Conan's stories. Anne Wedgeworth played Howard's supportive mother. It's a good movie.

2. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

I saw this a long time ago and I could never forget it. And I became fascinated with Vincent Donofrio as an actor after seeing this

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I think a big reason for that is most of the DC DVD stuff is done by the people who where involved with the masterful Batman:The Animated Series. They knew what they were doing out of the gate. They still pretty much run things over at DC/Warner Bros. animation.

I expect direct from Marvel animation projects to get better now that they are owned by Disney. Hopefully Marvel can leverage all that talent to their advantage.

On another topic, has anyone watched Znation on SyFy? If you can check your brain at the door, it's fun to watch. Light weight zombie adventure without the moral angst of TWD.

Still can't wait for the new season of The Waling Dead, though.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

:smt023

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Vincent D'Onofrio had come a long way since playing the tragically inept Marine named Leonard Lawrence(Pyle). He and the other cast members in Full Metal Jacket were unaware of R. Lee Ermey's improvised performance as Sgt. Hartman. He played Orson Welles in the film Ed Wood, Men In Black and was on Law & Order: Criminal Intent and he even wrote directed an independent film called Don't Go In The Woods.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for The Walking dead too even though I hate how they treat black guys on the movie.

7. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

That movie was bad. Never mix horror with musical elements.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Don't Go In The Woods was a parody of the slasher film genre. I really liked the scene with the two girls singing in French.

9. archangel

I'm tired of the destiny commercials. I knew the game would suck. I saw nothing interesting. You can't hope to be a good game if you do not have a good single player mode.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I didn't know people still cared about that shit. Wait till Oculus hits the market bye bye video games

11. archangel

meh doubt that will win people over. Nothing can beat the PC in modern time.
    buy yourself a 3d monitor with 3d glasses end of Oculus

12. Morning Star

Won't be a hit.

13. Morning Star

The game doesn't suck.

It's like the first Fable...thought a well done game, expectations were too much, thus hype overkill the potential of the game.

14. Morning Star

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember that Batman story of 10 Nights Of The Beast. Nyazev, the KGBeast, was a lot like Batman but used a wide range of weaponry. He killed ten men in one place without any effort at all. He was a killing machine sent in to kill ten people involved in SALT(Strategic Arms Limitation Talks) 2. He kills all except one(I suggest that you read the 10 Nights Of The Beast story because the KGBeast's final victim was a surprise). Batman had no other choice but to seal the badley injured KGBeast in the sewers(Batman broke the KGBeast's arm). But the KGBeast would return in a later comic, appearing before the new Robin.

I was shocked when I read about Hank and Janet Pym's problems. I remember Giant-Man and Wasp from the early 70's. There was nothing wrong with them then. But when I read the Ultimate Avengers with Nataliya Romanov telling Steve Rogers about the abuse, I was quite shocked. But really surprised when Steve Rogers and Hank Pym had a confrontation and Steve won the fight even with Hank in giant mode and he has a romance with Janet. I remember Nick Fury saying as he watched Steve and Janet together, "It's about time he got some." Or something to that effect. Hank Pym had always felt inadequate compared to the others in the Avengers. Hank was gone but his Pym particles process remained.

There were a lot of wtf moments in the comic world. Jaime Maddrox, a guy with the mutant ability to produce multiple versions of himself(he was featured briefly in X-Men: The Last Stand), would learn all the things that one of the replicas learned, be it a new skill or a new experience. And if the replica is killed, he will learn how it happened. And he will feel it.

In the DC comic Checkmate(sort of like S.H.I.E.L.D. and The Avengers), a black hero named Mr. Terrific(he was once an Olympian, now millionaire)has a romance with a white female Meta-Human. The two make love and she changes colors.

16. Morning Star

The sequel to Justice League: War has arrived with a trailer in toe. If anyone saw the final scenes of the previous movie, you'd see how it would lead up to this sequel.

[YOUTUBE]rRilTMf9kQA[/YOUTUBE]

And here's a sneak peek!

[YOUTUBE]5-Su4LMeyN8[/YOUTUBE]

17. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

When is the release date?

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

In 2015. I don't wanna wait

19. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Fuck. Waiting sucks.

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

External hard drive crashed! Lost everything, divorce docs, business and school materials, pictures of my son, music, etc. I took it to a tech - here's hoping he can salvage some of it. Freaking out right about now, and I don't have any extra cash for the tech, either.