Online Dating????

Discussion in 'How To Meet White Women and Black Men' started by william2382, Jul 7, 2013.

1. william2382

william2382 New Member

I have looked through few pages here and have not noticed any on dating online?

What are some of your experiences dating online? Any stories of people meeting on here?

I have tried match, eharmony, pof, and okcupid. Here is my breakdown.

Eharmony is a great place to meet a friend. The matching system connects you with people that have similar personalities and since its pricier than other sites and the initiation phase takes time more people seem to be serious about meeting someone. Also has many safety features and last I read it has most women compared to other sites, although men still outnumber women on most dating sites.

Downside-the site matches you with people, and there will be many times when you are matched with someone you are not physically attracted to. Also the guided system can be a hit or miss, varies from person to person.

Match-its like the trendy bar. You have a lot of good options, a lot of mediocre, and a few that are equivalent to “I am in the parking lot and do not want to go home alone” types. Match is a lot of fun and not a lot of hard work. You are matched by the site but also free to roam and search for people. The search engines offer searches for people that you are mutually compatible with and those that are looking for you. The fastest, easiest way to meet someone would probably be this site and its likely the best of them all. Match also offers similar safety features that eharmony does

Downside-One of the reasons I mention it reminds me of the Bar is because it has superficial side. But that’s dating no matter where you go.

POF-The largest site, and its free! Has the most people so while match is the fastest easiest way to meet someone of quality…this site is best to meet someone period. It is remarkably simple to use and searching is fun and easy.

Downside-because it is the biggest site and FREE it offers some problems. Mainly safety. There are no safety nets with this site, no preliminary background checks like eharmony. Also, since its free, be ready for some freaks. I know for some people that is a plus:)

Okcupid-Its free, and like Match it is fun to use. People are mostly matched on the questions they answer which can also be interesting.

Downside-Again its free, get ready for some psychos.

Personally, the most attractive women are on match and okcupid…I am guessing it has something to do with the colorful formats of the site since women are into ambiance more than men…well…usually anyway.

Has anyone else ever tried online dating? What are your experiences?

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

It sucks. :-|

3. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Lol agreed.

Though I've met a couple of great guys from online dating the weirdos that approached me far outweighed the gems

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Yup. I've deduced that I'm pretty much a turd magnet.

5. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

This :(
    I saw a few guys that I found attractive, but when I read their profile there was always something that raised red flags.
    I actually think that the most guys on dating sites who are attractive, are either already taken and just looking for an affair, or they are single and just looking for a ONS.
    Therefore I deleted my profile cause I got tired of the games most guys play.
    I don't have time for that.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This was an interesting read. It shows how many people have different experiences on these things. Personally I am a fan of Okcupid since that's how I met my girlfriend. I have never tried the paid sites in particular eharmony since those questions take hours to finish.
    I also found that women on plentyoffish were more attractive overall but I had much better luck with white women on okcupid. The women on ok were more educated and seemed to be a bit more sophisticated yet the rare times I did hang with women from pof they were quicker to hook up.

How is your luck with white women on these sites?

7. The Dark King

Do you guys think it could be you and not online dating or maybe you're giving the wrong guys a shot. I'd love to see who you're responding to because I hear a lot of guys complain about getting minimal responses and seems to me either you run into the wrong ones first and give up or you ignore really good possible mates because they don't come across as ideal.

8. william2382

william2382 New Member

personally for me its a hit or miss no matter what site or where I meet someone....either the women are just bored and looking for someone to hangout with....or they want something casual....only handful want something serious...however that is all regional and relative to Michigan IMO.....in Oregon...its the opposite....most want a relationship and to settle down.

From experience....I would have to say okcupid and eharmony were least IR friendly. It seemed I got more attention from White and Asian women on Match and Pof

9. wtarshi

You're forgetting that I'm perfect.

I don't meet men straight off, I communicate for a while just to see what he is like. From this, I've found the red lights. I'm a parent, there is no way that u will put myself or my children at risk

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I have heard a lot of people talk about okcupid so I got on one day and completed a profile, answered the questions, etc. I did a search for BM in a 25 or 50 mi radius (forget which) and a 10-12 year age range and I came up with......wait for it........9 men. Count 'em.....9. Needless to say, I deleted my profile right quick.

I've found that men say they are looking for a relationship, but I don't think their definition of a relationship is the same as mine. They want a steady sex companion - more than a FWB, but less than a true relationship. With all the dangers of STD's out there, they don't necessarily want to sleep around, so they'd like the same partner, but they like being single and having their own place. Not really looking to get married, for instance. Sooooo, why do they bother with me? I think I'm rather clear in my profile as to what I'm looking for. (Of course, it helps if they actually READ the profile.)

11. The Dark King

Interesting. I've read about okcupid not being interracially friendly but I've experienced things differently perhaps because I live in liberal ass NY and the women here seem to care more about profession and status more so than race. As long as you're not short fat and bald (SHUT UP TARSHI) you have a shot.
    I love Oregon I have had great luck with white women from that area in particular Eugene. Sometimes I wish I lived on the west coast, at least when I was single.

12. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I've heard more than one guy say this and that surprises me. I guess because two of my closest friends (well, one WAS a close friend), are also single and none of us are looking for casual dating or to hang out. We all seek a long-term, committed relationship.

So the weird thing is, why do the ones (guys/gals) who WANT a relationship always find the ones who don't and vice versa?

13. Unique4ever

Probably this. Maybe the nice ones didn't contact me and I didn't see them, idk.
    Some seemed nice in the beginning but turned out to be idiots (I told the story of the one that adressed me with another girls name and got upset when I was disappointed).

14. The Dark King

For both of you it sounds like a location problem. I remember trying to help my boy find women in his local area of Missouri and to find a ww over 25 without kids and/or who isn't 300lbs + who likes bm is a damn near lottery.

Ches I hear you, a lot of people seem like they want more casual relationships these days. People seem too lazy to deal with the ups and downs of relationship. They only want the highs.

15. wtarshi

[​IMG]

16. Unique4ever

This!
    I would NEVER date a man from a dating site without finding out more about him first.
    Security first, no matter how good he looks or how nice he seems.

17. The Dark King

You gotta hang in there and just have fun without expectations. I did online dating for about three years before I met my chick and to be honest she wasn't my top pick in fact we had a low 70s match rating and now she's my best friend. I don't know what I'd do without her at this point so good things can come of it.

18. william2382

william2382 New Member

I can explain that.....most women that I have dated said the same thing....and it still ended up being a fwb kinda thing...I had one woman explain it this way. "If I say I am ok with something casual until I meet the right man then I will attract perverts and may even push away the good ones, so I say this in hopes of pushing off the creeps and bringing in the good guys, but I will kick it with the right dude if he comes along while I wait on my king".

Lol....I thought of changing my name to the "kingmaker"

19. The Dark King

:smt029:smt029:smt029

20. Unique4ever

I'm so happy for the both of you! :smt055
    I really don't know how to have fun with people who seem to be players and liars.
    So far those are the only ones I ran into :(
    I'm glad that I'm not desperate to find someone, I sure would be devastated by now.