Surprise Trailer for Cloverfield Sequel

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by SilverSmith, Jan 15, 2016.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[youtube]HPYpJA1NnL8[/youtube]

Surprise Trailer for Cloverfield Sequel :smt045
    Jan 2016

Paramount Pictures and J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions have pulled off one of the best surprises of all time.

A trailer, made to look like a bootleg, has been released for a film called 10 Cloverfield Lane starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead, John Gallagher, Jr. and John Goodman.

It IS an unannounced sequel to 2008's found footage monster flick, Cloverfield, which was directed by Matt Reeves and written by Drew Goddard. J.J., you sly dog!

How'd they pull this off? In 2014, Bad Robot and Paramount announced that Dan Trachtenberg (Portal: No Escape) had been hired to direct a post-apocalyptic thriller titled Valencia (aka The Cellar). However, that was a secret title for Cloverfield 2.

"The idea came up a long time ago during production," Paramount told Collider. "We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible."

In the 2008 film, we followed a handful of young New Yorkers at a going-away party that have their lives shockingly turned upside-down when a monster descends upon the city. As for the sequel, Winstead's character wakes up in a large fallout shelter with two strangers. Goodman's character informs her "the world is over outside because there’s been a nuclear fallout," but she isn't sure if she is being told the truth or not.

10 Cloverfield Lane will land in theaters March 11th!

Link

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Damn man you got me excited for nothing. As I watched the trailer I'm like this is nothing like Cloverfield. Then I read JJ Abrams says this is a cousin to Cloverfield. Maaaaaaaaaaaaan

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I wasn't a can of Clovercield. It was okay, but nothing special. But, I'm not a big fan of Abrams, anyway. However, this does look interesting, though. Could be good.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I once had a respectable argument with a guy who didn't like Cloverfield. He stated that the romantic subplot wasn't appropriate and it dragged the story down. I thought about the what he said and then I realized that he hadn't seen many monster movies. Anytime a woman is in the cast of a monster movie, there is going to be some kind of romantic back story. And also, a woman in the film amps up the tension. I saw another film like Cloverfield and it came out the same year and used the same techniques. It was called Monster. Like Cloverfield, it, too, was a found footage film.

5. SilverSmith

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

The trailer was pretty cool. It gave that feeling of claustrophobic fear.

7. SilverSmith

[youtube]/lpwJio4PJEE[/youtube]

New super bowl trailer.

8. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Watched it tonight.

Yes, it explains the first two movies.

Must See!

[​IMG]

9. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member