Zombie Fans : Walking Dead Season 2 Starts Tonight.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Oct 16, 2011.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'm just not feeling ZNation this season. It's gone a little too over the top for me. But, I have to admit, I found the last episode fairly entertaining. The zombie Mennonites were a nice touch. My girl friend is a Mennonite (well, ex-Mennonite obviously) and she got big kick out of the concept. Also, the way they reacted when the group just bum rushed their last remaining stash of antibiotics is pretty much exactly how Mennonites are in real life.

But, other than that, they should dial back the goofiness to last season's levels.

2. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

OMG the ones that had been out on a run and didn't know Rick's group was there?

My eyes kept getting drawn to it (I had no idea why) I remember thinking hmm they look like girly dreads, too smooth looking lol

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

LMAO!

[​IMG]

Well, in the Zombie Apocalypse there aren't many hairstylists taking appointments.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

‘The Walking Dead’ Gets Seventh Season on AMC

Info from Variety.com.

Days after airing its most talked-about episode of the current season, AMC announced it has given a seventh season to its hit zombie apocalypse series “The Walking Dead” and a sixth season to postmortem chat series “Talking Dead.”

“The Walking Dead,” which is based on Robert Kirkman’s Image Comics series and is showrun by Scott Gimple, continues to be a ratings behemoth for the cabler. After factoring in three days of time-shifted viewing, Sunday’s episode — which saw the end of at least one pivotal character — delivered 18.2 million viewers, 12 million adults 18-49 and 11.5 million adults 25-54 in live+3 ratings.

Sunday’s episode also served as a strong lead-in to the drama’s corresponding “Talking Dead” series, which is hosted by comedian Chris Hardwick. That episode became the chat show’s highest-rated episode ever which was not a premiere or a finale. It delivered 7.3 million viewers, 4.6 million adults 18-49 and 4.7 million adults 25-54 in live+3.

“Thank goodness someone had a Magic 8-Ball with them in our many long internal meetings about these renewals. When, on the third shake, ‘without a doubt’ filled the murky blue screen, we knew we had to proceed with new seasons of ‘The Walking Dead’ and ‘Talking Dead,’” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios. “All joking aside, we are so proud to share these shows with fans who have been so passionate, communicative and engaged. We are grateful for and continually impressed by the talent, effort and excellence on continuous display by Robert Kirkman, Scott Gimple, Chris Hardwick and the many people with whom we partner to make these unique shows possible. The result: More Walking and Talking. Hooray.”

“The Walking Dead” has come to define AMC beyond prestige dramas “Breaking Bad” and “Mad Men,” and is also credited for ushering in the current wave of comic book-centric programming throughout the TV landscape. The cabler is continuing the trend with the upcoming “Preacher” series from Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and “Breaking Bad” alum Sam Catlin.
    The zombie juggernaut also recently spawned its own hit spinoff, “Fear the Walking Dead,” which set a cable record for the highest rated first season ever. Its 15-episode second season will air next year.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Just in case anyone missed this since it was shown quite a bit after the mid season finale ended.

[YOUTUBE]U6i0xd7Ksuc[/YOUTUBE]

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I always wondered how everyone just fell in line with dude. How do you control people when everyone has access to guns.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Having some type of appeal on some level combined with being just a bit more crazier than everyone else. See the current popularity of Trump as a real world example of that.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I guess. Just reading the comics and seeing how fucked up dude is, just hard to believe someone with a rifle 500 yards away doesn't just take him out. Not like he has a secret service detail. There's always holes in stuff like this that takes me out of it. Like why oh why did they not just jump inside the dumpster.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You honestly think someone that fucked up would set himself up to be taken out just like that by anyone? He probably has created an equal amount of fear and reward within the people around him, like a cult leader, and has a tight reign over everything. Anyone coming across as being a potential threat more than likely would get handled before they could act against him. But that's just me and how I think however.

10. samson1701

:smt045

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Fear The Walking Dead Season 2

[​IMG]

Promising to explore the intrepid group of survivor’s adventures on the high seas, Season 2 of the companion series to “The Walking Dead” will pick up almost immediately after the flagship series ends Season 6.

It was announced that “Fear the Walking Dead” will officially return for its 15 episode, Season 2 run Sunday, April 10. With Rick Grimes and the original crew returning for the last eight episodes of Season 6 on Feb. 12, that leaves only a one-week gap between the Season 6 finale and the Season 2 premiere of “Fear” (assuming the show takes a week off for Easter Sunday, that is).

It looks like fans won’t have to wait another few months between the end of one Robert Kirkman-inspired zombie show and the premiere of another. However, what's most interesting about the April 10 release date is that it puts the new companion series in direct competition with HBO’s massive hit “Game of Thrones,” which debuts April 24 for a 10-episode run. “Fear the Walking Dead” broke cable TV viewership records with its premiere, earning it the largest series debut in cable history, and it looks like the network is betting big on the show against HBO.

News of the companion series’ return comes along with the release of the first
    promotional image for the show featuring Travis Manawa (Cliff Curtis) and Daniel Salazar (Ruben Blades) presumably aboard the yacht of the mysterious Victor Strand (Colman Domingo). After narrowly escaping the National Guard’s quarantine at the end of Season 1, the characters decided to ride out the apocalypse on the water.

The photo came with the announcement that not only will “Fear the Walking Dead” return with 15 all-new episodes, but each one will be followed by Chris Hardwick’s popular “Talking Dead” after show that’s helped foster audience engagement on “The Walking Dead.”

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I gave up on it. I'll come back once it gets to season 3 or so like I did for the walking dead. I'm having issues seeing it as a separate show.

13. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I know that views on 'Fear The Walking Dead' are mixed, but I really enjoy it.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Reminder for this upcoming Sunday :

[YOUTUBE]N9Gmh8e483A[/YOUTUBE]

15. FG

FG Well-Known Member

At last!!!!

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]BGZ8S2wOgdk[/YOUTUBE]

17. samson1701

[YOUTUBE]kFoIwKl4w-Y[/YOUTUBE]

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So no comments or feedback on the recent adventures of Merc Team Grimes??

19. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the episode! I think trouble is coming!! We will lose 1-2 mains this season!

20. samson1701

I honestly don't know. I think they may be getting too cocky. And, there is now way Maggie should be out on any missions right now.