BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

No, because many black chicks rejected it out of spite as a result of almost all Kevin's love interests not being black.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm 12 episodes into the show, Kevin has a diverse set of current & former love interests/dates/girlfriends. In fact I would say he's been with more black or mixed-black women than non-black women.

But I get what you're saying. I could defintely see black women who obsess over Black Men being with non-black women or/and Black Men preferring mixed or light skin Black women, hating on this show.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  3. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

They did the same thing with his later drama "Daybreak" (for those that may not know).

4. ColiBreh1

I plan on getting into "Daybreak" as soon as I'm done with "Kevin Hill".

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I never heard of the shows mentioned, but I think it's pathetic for people to obsess over who a character's love interests are.

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Kevin Hill was great for about the first half of the season. Then, they changed producers and brought some black chick to run the show. She, of course, toned down the character's playboy side and turned the show into more of a Lifetime Channel style, female ideal romantic comedy where the woman tames the clueless playboy.

Daybreak was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

Are you guys watching Rosewood with Morris Chestnut?

7. ColiBreh1

Yeah, I'm watching it. If you're Black, Hispanic, or just wanna see diverse casts on TV shows & you like shows like "Bones" or "Castle", than you should like "Rosewood".

EDIT:
    I love all the notable recurring black actors on the show. Nicole Ari Parker & Taye Diggs are recurring characters so far. But Tia Mowry-Hardrict, Joy Bryant, Sherri Shepherd, & etc. are gonna be recurring characters in the 2nd half of the season that debuts next month.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Will check it out. Thanks for the heads-up!

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Daybreak was really good I don't get why it didn't get a second episode

10. JamalSpunky

Pretty much. And both times there were actual articles detailing this whole situation (albeit online ones written by folks who weren't exactly the caliber of a Time magazine reporter).

11. JamalSpunky

The only shame is that the most recent Daybreak DVD sets compact everything on to two or three discs instead of four or five discs like the original. Because of this you lose much of the commentaries in the current pack. Each episode of the original release came with at least one commentary track for every episode. Just in the exchanges you could tell how excited the actors and staff were to be part of the show.

Did not know that. She must have been the one responsible for bringing on Toni Braxton as a love interest for Kevin in the latter episodes.

Surprised people haven't mentioned what may have been the best thing about Kevin Hill. A young, thin (but still curvy) Christina Hendricks was one of the stars of the show. Her character and Kevin's had some undeniable sexual tension existing between them that made it seem as if the two were destined to be paired later on in the show's run. Of course the series was cancelled before any of that could take place.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  12. JamalSpunky

Ratings were horrible. The show was a mid-season replacement for Lost when it was on hiatus. This was when "Lost" was at its most popular state. The Lost fans took out their frustration on "Daybreak" by never supporting it. ABC only aired seven eps before pulling it. The final six or so had to be seen online. Can't fault ABC in its promotion of the show tough. They advertised the heck out of "Daybreak".

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn didn't know that. I really love shows about time travel and it was the first one with a black lead which never happens

14. ColiBreh1

Just got done watching this past week's episode of "New Girl" (epiosde 6 of Season 5), which is the episode Meagn Fox finally gets introduced on the show.

Megan Fox's character is bi-sexual, so there's hope for her & Winston. But Jake Johnson's character is the 1 that's really into her. At best maybe you'll see Love Triangle between Meagn Fox, Jake Johnson, & Lamore Morris characters if I'm going off this latest episode.

Here is promo for episode 7 that's airing this week:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=bAh2pLgSi9o
    [YOUTUBE]bAh2pLgSi9o[/YOUTUBE]

It looks like the scene from the pics in the OP of this thread, takes place in this episode. So we'll see if there's anything between Megan Fox & Lamrone Morris' characters.

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

CB1,she is still a mother hense MLTF.

16. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

There is a new one TILF. Teacher I'd like to Fuck:cool:

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Then there is G.I.L.F.(Grandmother I'd Like to Fuck) and D.I.L.F.(Daddy I'd Like to Fuck).

18. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

wait a second... Megan Fox doesn't have a butt??? ohhh the horror!

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Megan Fox's eyes and dark hair make her mysterious. That, I believe, is sexy.

Angelina Jolie has the eyes and the lips.

Both women do not have a big butt. They use what they have to get by and it's working for them.

20. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

agreed, she is sexy but I always thought she had cakes... booty is everything!