The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I do, but my love for math is more indirect. Science is what I really love. I love how math gives insight to science. How do you feel about Quantum mechanics?

I'll be revisiting calculus soon for a more broader scope of the discipline. Right now I have a good understanding of it for what I generally need it for, but I'm soon to go back to it to absorb every related aspect. Since you love math more directly, you are probably already at where I'm soon to go. I have a strong understanding of trig because of my background in electronics, but I'm building a broader scope of understanding to see where it all intersects.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Toh1UOs_f7g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-QXKzpX5A-I[/YOUTUBE]

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[youtube]/mnu06cIUpMs[/youtube]

New super bowl trailer.

4. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I really don't know much about it. I've briefly read up on what it involves but my understanding of physics isn't very strong. I do understand the general principles involved though in classical physics.

Quantum mechanics seems to be a take on the more 'theoretical physics' that many physicists are still playing with to fully understand (4th & 5th) dimensions beyond our modern comprehension. It's interesting but mind boggling at the same time. I do believe that one day we will further expand our understanding of subatomic particles with the aid of highly complex supercomputers but that may be many years into the future.

I think my interests in mathematics stems from being able to solve things precisely with exact values. I wouldn't quite say I love math but I do enjoy understanding the 'language' and being able to produce solutions to most modern mathematics. It's like a fun puzzle for me.

I've always been a guy that enjoys the 'details' in things, down to the most miniscule component.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

To me math is like a tool box and science is the car I'm working on. I have respect and appreciation for the tools but the car is what I really love.

Many don't really like quantum mechanics because of how it doesn't follow what we understand about the world around us as well as the fact that it lends itself to probabilities to predict outcomes. As a former student of social science (finance) I'm comfortable with the ambiguity. The particle and wave properties of subatomic particles simply cannot be observed simultaneously, but they are there and it has been verified. I think you are on point about super computers, one day They will enhance our limited abilities in observations. Until then I'll continue to study quantum mechanics for what it's worth for a more indept understanding.

Electron physics is my branch of science therefore I couldn't ignore quantum mechanics even if I wanted too.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I do believe that once our powers of observations are enhanced, the probabilities will be eliminated for more precision.

7. SilverSmith

8. SilverSmith

[youtube]/9aaAYQ6WozE[/youtube]

There is a lot of explosive action in the latest Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer, and Wonder Woman finally has some dialog.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

10. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

"Hello Matthew"

[YOUTUBE]m5_A0Wx0jU4[/YOUTUBE]

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Pretty interesting take on The Punisher, I always had imagined him as a big guy, but he looks good like this too.

I wonder if they will go with the ex-special forces backstory, or will they make him a rouge cop.

It's probably too much to ask that he wears something with the skull logo on it.

13. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

20th Century Fox has released the first teaser image from the upcoming Predator film by Iron Man 3 director Shane Black.

Shane Black and co-writer Fred Dekker reportedly completed the script for The Predator back in November, but 20th Century Fox has not revealed any firm timetable for the movie's filming or release

14. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed that it will be better than the last one. :smt017

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Shane Black. I hadn't seen him since Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang. He played Hawkins in the first Predator film. And he wrote the screenplay for Lethal Weapon. I am confident that he won't mess this one up.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Black and Dekker :lol:

17. SilverSmith

[youtube]/MxPY40aFqgc[/youtube]

The CW has released the first clip from Megalyn Echikunwoke's live-action debut as Vixen. The character is called in by Oliver Queen (Stephan Amell) as back-up to turn the tide against Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough).

18. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Awesome! I'm psyched!

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]jghqSxs-bDY[/YOUTUBE]

Jedi sex scandal

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member