Taye Diggs and wife seperate

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by blacklexus, Dec 12, 2013.

1. blacklexus

blacklexus Member

2. Redeemed One Jr

Redeemed One Jr Active Member

I saw this news plastered up on a site's front page today. I'm sure it is like this with any breaking news concerning celebs, but there is part of me that feels like the media enjoys reporting stuff like this.

Hope they find happiness in being a part I suppose...

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Wow. That's a shock.

4. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Echo this sentiment. I'm sure it's hard enough actually coping through the separation/divorce, let alone having it plastered all over the newspapers and magazines for the world to read. Negativity and drama sells! Sad truth.

I pray they find peace with their decision.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The media swarms around break-ups, seperations and divorces like flies to shit. Not too long ago actress Diane Lane and actor Josh Brolin had their divorce finalized without much fanfare. Seperations are not the indication or the signification to the advent of divorce. It means that a couple needs some time apart to work out issues on their own. Taye and Idina live seperate lives when they are not together. I am sure that they will work something out. I hope they will find it on their own.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

It is sad indeed that a good marriage ends.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Taye Diggs on split from Idina Menzel: 'It was easy for people to root for us'
    The actor talked to Redbook about his recent breakup from his wife of 10 years. 'There weren't a lot of couples like us,' he said.

[​IMG]

BY Zayda River

Taye Diggs may not have been the best man for Idina Menzel, but it didn't stop the public from rooting for them.

"I'd be lying if I said there weren't times when I thought, 'Oh, man, people are going to trip out (if they split),'" the 43-year-old actor told Redbook about his breakup from Menzel after 10 years of marriage.

"Maybe they thought it was cute that we met in 'Rent,'" he added; the pair was a part of the original Broadway cast in 1995.

"There weren't a lot of couples like us in the theater community - and I know there aren't a lot of performers as talented as she is … and then you have the whole mixed race thing," the "Best Man" star said about Menzel, who he married after eight years of dating in 2003. "It was easy for people to root for us."

The parents to 4-year-old Walker announced their split in December.

"Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs have jointly decided to separate at this time," reps for the couple confirmed to People.

"Their primary focus and concern is for their son," the rep said. "We ask that you respect their privacy during this time."

Taye Diggs says the hardest part about life after his marriage ending is when he has to be away from son Walker ‘for more than a few days.’

Now, the "Murder in the First" actor resides in California to shoot the TNT series set to premiere this summer, while the "Frozen" leading lady lives in New York as she currently stars in Broadway's "If/Then."

"Right now, we're still trying to figure out a lot of stuff because we're on different coasts and our son is getting older," he told the mag, adding that the hardest part is "when I know I have to be away from him for more than a few days."

I just watched the premiere of "Murder In the First" tonight on TNT, and I really enjoyed it. He's such a masculine actor. Very emotive, solid performance.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Good interview but,Diggs did that to himself. Correct me if I'm wrong.

9. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Are you white?

11. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

No i'm a Black man.