Jessica Jones on Netflix

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Darkseid, Nov 20, 2015.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

But they are writing the series differently from the comics. In the comics Her and luke were having an affair, and didn't get serious until after she broke up with scott lang. In the series it seems as though they are trying to make them a serious couple. So you never know.

But I think season 1 of Luke Cage's show should feature mainly him until like the last few episodes if he is going to be a big part on Jessica Jones.

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

One thing's for sure....you won't be seeing ANY of Ant-Man (Scott Lang) in the Jessica Jones show. T

Jessica Jones and Luke Page will become a couple. The man who runs the TV production of Marvel even said that at the NY Comic Con when introducing the cast. He introduced Mike Colter (Luke Cage) as the man Jessica eventually falls in love with. Marvel is sticking by how it played out in the comic book therefore Luke and Jessica will become an item. But you don't want it happening overnight.

Also Jessica Jones season two may be over a year away. Netflix/Marvel has DD season 2, Luke Cage season 1 and possibly Iron Fist slated to come out next.

3. darkcurry

Yeah that what I was thinking, because the way their relationship is going on the show it is already headed towards getting serious. In the comic books she had a affair with Luke Cage while dating Scott Lang, they didn't have strong feelings towards each other then. So I was thinking maybe the way they are writing it on the show Scott was an ex or someone she dated before she met Luke Cage.

Also they might want to make them couple sooner than later, because I'm hearing That they are either making a "The Defenders" movie or T.V. Series.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I just finished watching the entire season. I'm not going to jump all over you because of your taste. To each his own. However, I will say this; you do yourself a serious disservice by not being more patient and letting the story play out. Without giving anything away, a lot of your concerns are addressed in due time. Everyone has a reason for doing what they do on this show and it mostly plays out quite satisfyingly.

Finally, remember, this is a show specifically designed for the way people watch Netflix; in binges. It's not paced the same way a broadcast TV show is. The characters development unfolds at a slower pace because they the viewer is most likely watching in 3 or 4 hour blocks if not the whole series in one sitting. It's better to think of Netflix shows (most of them anyways) as 13 hour movies. The plot points are going to be timed differently because they're not worried about commercials or overnight ratings. So, try to take your time, watch the episodes in order and watch at least half of a season before you decide to let it go.

At least in the case of Jessica Jones, most of what turned you off about the show wasn't what you thought it was at all. This was a very realistic portrayal of what would happen if people got super powers in the real world. Just like you have shitty cops and doctors. People that are supposed to help us. You'd also have shity superheroes who are, like a lot of people, struggling to cope with their lives while trying to do the right thing.

In the end I didn't like it as much as I did Daredevil. But I did like it a great deal. It was like the difference between a Benz and a BMW. The Benz might be your first choice. But, you'd happily take that BMW if it was given to you.

5. darkcurry