The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Is this the guy reponsible for the we are robin series?
    [​IMG]

The leader being this guy.

[​IMG]

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No. Check the circled credits on the cover. Not the same person/persons.

[​IMG]

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Jer8XjMrUB4[/YOUTUBE]

4. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Oh yeah!!

"We had a little help"!!

5. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Live-Action Jubilee :D

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

And the line item in Audi's budget for advertising/marketing just dropped by a few million. Lol

[YOUTUBE]Jer8XjMrUB4[/YOUTUBE]

And this one just made me pee my pants. Lol

I can't lie, I love those regal, megalomaniacal villains. Apocalypse reminds me of some of the all-time greats, like Emperor Palpatine, Agent Smith, Roy Batty, Saruman (I would say Melkor/Morgoth and Sauron, except that they never speak, lol), the leader of the Nine, High Priest Pai Mei and a few others.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  7. Shulz021

[YOUTUBE]l5kvRqoJL4M[/YOUTUBE]

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Roy Batty was nowhere near as megalomaniacal as Apocolypse. Roy was a rather tragic figure who had seen and known only one thing; violence. Because he had the same personality traits of his creators, he and the other Replicants wanted to live life like humans. I began to wonder what would happen if Roy Batty saw a tree. He would probably die with joy and that memory of this connection would stay with him.

9. Shulz021

James Cameron’s ‘Battle Angel’ Screen Tests Zendaya, Maika Monroe & Rosa Salazar

[​IMG]

Producer James Cameron and director Robert Rodriguez have narrowed the search for their “Battle Angel” lead to three female stars: Disney Channel star Zendaya, “It Follows'” Maika Monroe and “Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials” star Rosa Salazar.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the three actresses screen tested for the lead role, but Zendaya is currently the frontrunner. A final decision will be made over the next few weeks. The report claims Cameron is looking to “create a star-making vehicle” much like his 2000 television series “Dark Angel.”

Retitled “Alita: Battle Angel,” the live-action project is based on the popular cyberpunk manga by Yukito Kishiro about a female cyborg discovered in a garbage heap by a scientist. With no memory of her previous life, except for her deadly martial-arts skills, she becomes a bounty hunter, tracking down criminals.

Cameron has attempted to get the adaptation off the ground for more than 15 years, saying in 2012 that he hoped to turn to the project once he completes the sequels to “Avatar.” Rodriguez joined the project as director last October.

Originally published from 1990 to 1995, “Battle Angel Alita” has inspired an original video animation and a video game.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[youtube]/SnTSqgJPVl8[/youtube]

The first official trailer for the R-rated Batman: The Killing Joke animated feature.

12. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

When is the release date?

13. archangel

Man I don't know how to feel about this. The comic book is so good that the aniamtion may not live up to the hype if they change in the slightest. Lets hope they didn't change it drastically. This is one of those dvd that you go to buy.

Kingdom come is another which I hear is being talked about.

14. Shulz021

What's the rating for Kingdom Come?

15. archangel

My personal opinion is that it is the best DC comic book ever made.

Some people in here may disagree with me but I doubt that they will say it doesn't belong in the top 10.

The only thing better than the drawings in the book is the plotline.

It is sort of like the killing joke but someone actually does something!!!!

I say that because in the killing joke people feel that the ending is questionable with the joker..... well kingdom come doesn't leave any doubt of that!
    I want to discuss it but I don't want to spoil it.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Punisher Series Coming To Netflix

[​IMG]

It’s official: The Punisher is getting his own Netflix series.

Entertainment Weekly has learned that Marvel has ordered a spin-off starring vigilante character introduced in Daredevil season 2.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as vengeful military veteran Frank Castle, who brings his own lethal form of justice to Hell’s Kitchen.

Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hannibal, Casualty) will serve as showrunner.

Marvel’s The Punisher marks the sixth series ordered (so far) as part of the collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Television, including the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the ensemble miniseries The Defenders – along with Jessica Jones and the aforementioned Daredevil. (And in case you’re wondering, as we are, whether Bernthal’s character will also be added to The Defenders lineup, that’s not yet clear – though it seems likely he’ll at least pop in for an appearance.)

Word that Netflix was working on a potential Punisher spin-off was first reported by TV Line last summer. Netflix and Marvel are expected to publicly announce the project later Friday.

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I knew this was coming.

I'm looking forward to the rematch between Frank and The Kingpin.

18. Shulz021

Sega, ‘Wanted’ Producer Partnering For ‘Shinobi’ Feature Film

[​IMG]

Producer Marc Platt (“Drive,” “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,” “Wanted”) is working with Sega to develop a feature film based on the long-running “Shinobi” video game series. Platt has partnered with Sega, the production arm of Hakuhodo DY Group and Stories International, Inc. Stories International’s CEO Tomoya Suzuki will produce along with Platt and Adam Siegel. Evan J. Cholfin, also of Stories, will oversee “Shinobi.”
    “We love the Shinobi games and believe that the world of ninjas has never been properly explored onscreen,” said Platt in the announcement. “We now have the opportunity to do just that. With Shinobi, we hope to make a film that honors the essence of the games.”
    “Shinobi” began as an arcade game in 1987, with sequels following in 1989 and then released regularly throughout the ’90s. Many of the games follow protagonist ninja Joe Musashi. A 2003 installment in the franchise, “Nightshade,” featured a female ninja named Hibana. The most recent game, “Shinobi 3D,” was released in 2011.

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Video game movies never work out I wish they'd leave this one alone.

20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[youtube]/Vx0oDBaQnE8[/youtube]

Celebrating 80 years of The Phantom.