Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I think The Walking Dead fans would have something to say about that. LOL.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

My son included. For some reason, he thinks The Walking Dead is more "realistic" than Game Of Thrones, lol. As for me, I've got a foot in both camps.

3. Bookworm616

I just can't get into the whole zombie thing. I started watching The Walking Dead and my eyes just glazed over.

But, I know I'm part of very small group that doesn't watch it. LOL.

4. FG

FG Well-Known Member

You need to rethink that. It's more about what a world like that actually does to people rather than zombies really. They do great work on developing characters, getting into their head and growing them. THAT is why people are glued to this show. If you watched Talking Dead. You will see that. Regularly, they do episodes where they go back in time and explore a character which gives you an insight of understanding why some characters are like they are. It's like a great social experiment:)

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I always wonder if Walking Dead is preparing us for something

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Fam, it wouldn't surprise me. You know they actually urge being prepared for a zombie apocalypse because it's the same kind of preparation one would need incase of some sort of natural disaster or the like.

All I know if anything like that ever happens, I'm fucked. You ever see those National Geo Graphic films where the slowest animal in the heard gets eaten by whatever predator is chasing them? Yeah, that'll be me. ...lol

7. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I've had the same thought fam

8. orejon4

I agree. The zombies are really beside the point of the show. They're almost like a natural disaster or force of nature. The biggest difficulty the characters have is with each other and other human beings. The effects of adversity on people is what the show really gets to the heart of.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]CuH3tJPiP-U[/YOUTUBE]

10. orejon4

YES!!

11. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

When Sam met Jon’s girlfriend...

[​IMG]

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Reminder : Season 6 Starts This Sunday April 24.

[YOUTUBE]0JnAyka8p-8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EEFKL7HJgcg[/YOUTUBE]

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]EI0ib1NErqg[/YOUTUBE]

14. Bookworm616

I've been, unfortunately, slow on catching up to the series. I'm going to have to step it up.

I just finished episode 6 from season 4 where Tyrion tells the court that he's guilty of being a dwarf.

What a great scene. And he's such a great actor.

I cannot wait much longer and will be forced to binge watch the rest of season 4 & all of season 5. I do not want to fall behind on this show.

Btw, my favorite characters: Arya is my favorite (she reminds me of my daughter), Tyrion, Daenerys, Jon Snow. Jaime Lannister and The Hound are starting to grow on me. I like the interactions between The Hound and Arya.

15. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Season premiere for GoT was alright

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

“She’s good meat, feed her to the hounds.”

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Absolutely no fucks given lol

18. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Poor Grey Worm never had the opportunity to hit those sugar walls. :p