MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN - FIRST BLACK BACHELOR

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by lippy, Feb 20, 2015.

1. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

WE TV - SHAWN BULLARD

Someone please post his pic:smt100 I am on my phone!

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

saw him on the view today....a good pick.

im just disappointed that BET didnt do a similar show to fill the void.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

BET did the smart thing by not creating a Black version to fill a void, otherwise the mainstream version wouldn't feel the need to attempt to be diverse by going with a Black bachelor. Everything is about money & ratings. They only hurt themselves by not trying to appeal to a broad audience.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  4. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]-pKChjGA2k8[/YOUTUBE]

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

First Episode

[YOUTUBE]5rGDH5PqiWA[/YOUTUBE]

6. K

K Well-Known Member

Mainstream version? when? This one that is not a mainstream network show. I'm not finding anything about the actual Bachelor show going with a black bachelor. Hell they can't even keep one around more than a few episodes on the Bachelorette.

I watched the Match Made in Heaven. I think they have aired 3-4 episodes now. I think it's just another one of the many different take offs that have made attempts since the Bachelor started. His mom is staying in the house with the girls. There is a preacher who is involved in the whole process counseling them and "saving" one of the women every week. At the end of the shows the guy texts the girls to ask them to stay, leave, or talk rather than doing the "will you accept the rose" thing.

The majority of the women are black. They are definitely a much different assortment than they would typically have on The Bachelor. Some had tons of tatts, one claims to be a "virgin" because she's been a lesbian up until this point, another is a "born again virgin", one woman decided to go home because he didn't like her "best friend" she had made at the house.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I just edited my original post because I just saw that the show is on WE TV and not the original ABC show.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

Yah you would really think after the umpteen shows they've had that they could at least do ONE.

Oh but when that's been brought up, they like to say how they had Juan Pablo who's Latino. He also ended up to be the most hated ever.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Personally I don't get into those types of shows but my wife does or did at one time. She specifically stopped watching the Bachelor because there wasn't a Black male with a diverse group of women to pick from.

10. K

K Well-Known Member

Yep - there you go.

This one I got mildly excited about simply because he is black. He's a good looking guy, not my type though. (I'm sure he'd be so sad to learn that LOL)

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True Ra. Hope the next Black Bachelor has a diverse collection of women to choose from:Asian,White,Hispanic,etc.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

heres why i say BET or the like shouldve done it.

back in the 80s when music vids hit black groups were hard to find. MTV came along and still no blacks.

BET came along and u had video soul eith donnie simpson.after a hot minute MTV started putting blacks on mtv especially when rap came along and "yo mtv raps" took off.

also look at yhe show "behind the music". u rarely saw blacks. now u have unsung. thats a hit show.

im sure if BET or the like wouldve done it then they wouldve done well.

we have to stop begging all the time and do it ourselves and support it. if they do it they have to be diverse about.

the black people on their shows get ousted quick.

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I knew I liked you. You really have your eyes open. Nice

14. The Dark King

If BET did it NO ONE is gonna watch. I don't care for this shit either but it would be nice they used different kinds of men, same with The Bachlorette.
    There are so many dope and sexy women from other cultures and races. Can we get some sexy as blondes from OZ or maybe an ebony girl from the UK. Just try it out see what happens.

15. The Dark King

Why is this ratchet shit not on Vh1 where it belongs?
    So many bs stereotypes and absolutely no class.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I haven't watched bet since.......rap city?

17. The Dark King

Ok first girls they show are a stylist, a chick who has a high end shoe fetish and a collection worth over 200k who only wants a dude with an 8 inch dick, and a weed head.
    I don't even watch the bachelor and I know they'd never go for this low class bullshit.

18. The Dark King

I just found out they cancelled 106th and Park. That shit was a big deal in hs

19. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

So when I went to research this show I found that the ABC version did have a black bachelor candidate in 2012 but it got hung up by a lawsuit...need to do a bit more research on this

20. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...lots of waitresses....wanna be models...hair stylists ...dancers...cheerleaders etc in the ABC bachelor too

Do you have any idea how much money a successful stylist makes a year?