FAA Air Traffic Controller $120,000 a year, no degree or experience necessary.

Discussion in 'Getting Ahead: Careers, Finance and Productivity' started by 4north1side2, Aug 15, 2016.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

That's one of the most high pressure jobs in the country.

You fuck up and people die and you're going to federal prison.
    I've read there's a very high burnout rate for air traffic controllers, and what's fucked up is I think they earn more money than the pilots.lol

3. 4north1side2

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

congrats fam

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Nice! I hope it works out for you.

6. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

If I were you and going for this position I would take all the swinging dick photos down off this site.

Companies are really looking out for all that these days.

7. 4north1side2

Thanks guys. I'm surprised that I got accepted for testing, I never expected to hear back from them.

Paniro that is smart but I won't do it.

8. Iluvhim

Iluvhim Member

My boyfriend is an air traffic controller. The only downside is that you are put where there is vacancy not where you prefer to be, like hometowns. We both lived in NY and he had to move south.

He enjoys the job. There are many different levels which range from less complex and smaller, a level 4 to extremely complex, a level 12 (think LAX, Atlanta, Chicago, NY, DC) and of course pay corresponds with the level of difficulty. If you don't start out at an extremely high level, it is magageable. He loves the job. Great pay, excellent benefits. Hard work though, lots of training and learning at first. Its also a very long process. He took the exam in 2013, was hired in 2014 and wasn't fully certified until 2016. You also have to go to Oklahoma to train. But I know they do have a shorage and it is a very good career.

Best of luck if you do decide to go this route!

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I occasionally get small panic attacks just sorting the medications for my clients (a wrong pill at the wrong time could be very bad) I can't even imagine how anxious I would be making sure airplanes don't smash into each other. Good luck to anyone who has the nerves to do that job.