The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

That's a lot better

2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]v7_ZPM9T-p8[/YOUTUBE]

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

She's beautiful, but I can't shake the feeling that she's waaaay too skinny to be a hardass superhero. Sort of how I felt about viewing the lovely Zoe Saldana in 'Colombiana'. But then again, who cares? :p

4. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

She's too short to.

5. orejon4

I was so busy noting her weight that I didn't catch that. Wonder Woman's supposed to be an Amazon, right?

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I've been playing on the Wii with the classic controller. My son gave me a bunch of Wii points as a birthday/Christmas gift a while back, and I bought some of my favorite old Nintendo games. I don't even remember where my 64 is stored.

She doesn't look as frail as she did, but she is still doesn't have that Wonder Woman build. She is pretty though.

The photo-shopped photo with the traditional colors looks much better.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yes, but the Amazons in the DC Universe aren't the physically imposing type females that come to mind when one thinks "Amazon". They are the mystically reincarnated souls of women from various ancient cultures from around the world, who were all murdered by men for one reason or another. They are all trained to be warriors in order to defend their home against any unwanted trespass by "Man's World" & their physical abilities (strength, speed, stamina, agility) are heightened compared to normal humans due to being reincarnated immortal beings. Wonder Woman is the only Amazon who is not a reincarnated soul, but a soul created by the Greek gods to give the infant clay statue created by her mother life. At least that's the traditional take on Wonder Woman. The most current retcon to her origin is that she is the daughter of Queen Hippolyta of the Amazons & the Greek god Zeus.

8. Morning Star

[YOUTUBE]6Nb4-QYZV80[/YOUTUBE]

9. Morning Star

Hehehe, well some good news...the Wii U has made a resurgence, especially after its E3 event. Plus, the new Zelda game, if you haven't seen it yet, it's VERY majestic. If you don't believe me, well....check it out if you haven't seen it...

[YOUTUBE]XZmxvig1dXE[/YOUTUBE]

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I recall actress Cathy Lee Crosby playing Wonder Woman. She didn't look the part at all and the costume was similar to this one except that it had long sleeves. And while Diana was a brunette, Cathy Lee Crosby stayed a blonde. The movie was a made for tv affair. I think it came before Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman. And it was on the ABC network. Ah, the 1970's.

11. Morning Star

It's a bit strange, yeah. But I guess she was popular at the time and using a comic book source material would be perfect to further her sex appeal, no?

Besides, do you remember Iron Man? He was a bloodied dick...

[​IMG]

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I didn't see that one. Must've been on NBC. But, yes. Cathy Lee Crosby was very popular at that time and was acclaimed for a film called Coach(the story about a woman who coaches a basketball team). I liked her in the sci-fi/horror classic The Dark(with William Devane, Keenan Wynn, Richard Jaekel and Kasey Kasem). It was a big decade for blondes during that time. And Farrah Fawcett-Majors sort of led the way.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That's actually from a made for TV movie called Exo Man, but the premise & armor style are how Iron Man more or less would have been portrayed back at that time.

14. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I've seen it...I think I even posted posted it in here someplace. It looks pretty interesting.

15. Morning Star

Well, as explained by Eiji Aonura, they want to take the series "back to its roots" where the sense of freedom found in the top-down classics were greatly shown, but the 3D incarnations were relatively fixed. This will be a new standard for good gaming obviously, so here's hoping we see this become another winner...

....which will be the case.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]P58WJ-4PxcU[/YOUTUBE]

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]5t6NX-DvGzI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]rAJvKFTO8Qc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nzAAL6bkrOE[/YOUTUBE]

18. orejon4

Time to dig into the The Strain re-broadcast!

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Original Face of Marvel Studios Thanos May Be Back As Different Marvel Character

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speaking to Blackfilm.com at SDCC 2014, actor Damion Poitier, who provided the face & motion capture for Thanos in Joss Whedon's Avengers, gave his full support to Josh Brolin, who looks set to play the Mad Titan in his inevitable Avengers 3 showdown with Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk and the rest of the team. Said Damion on his initial discussions with Marvel about continuing in the role, " Initially, they just hired me as a facial figure. In terms of moving forward, I knew that was a question of what happened in between I got it and the next time they would need it. Unfortunately, we didn’t get the exposure we wanted in the interim, but it’s all good. We got good exposure from that scene and we’ll keep moving from there."

So does Damion feel any resentment towards Marvel after they turned to Brolin to officially play the role and Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn had his brother mo-cap Thanos on the Guardians set? "

Brolin's going to kill it," said Damion. He continued, "They make smart choices over at Marvel. That’s one of the things that they do. They are always making intelligent choices on who they choose to do their roles."

But Damion is a longtime member of the Joss Whedon inner circle (having worked on Firefly, Dollhouse and Angel) so naturally he's not going to get left hanging by his boy. Since Poitier was pretty much unrecognizable in his Thanos portrayal, his camp and Marvel are discussing what other characters he could potentially play in the MCU. However, Poitier is wisely keeping those particulars under wraps. "Well, I’m talking to [Marvel] about [playing another character]. I don’t want to talk about that until such a time is permitted."

Damion is a life-long comic book fan with a massive collection and with that in mind, he has some pretty interesting choices for what other Marvel characters he'd like to see on the big screen following the box office success of Guardians of the Galaxy. " I have always been a big Nova fan. I like Night Thrasher. I’m also a Darkhawk fan. There are a lot of indie characters that are floating around at Marvel that have really interesting back-stories I would like to see come out. Now that they are going into television series like Netflix, there’s a good chance we might see some of these characters, so I’m excited about the whole thing."

Damion has been keeping busy since his Avengers appearance, guest spotting on Justified, Real Husbands of Hollywood, and starring in the web series Geek Cred, as well as doing mo-cap and voice-over work for Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Lost Planet 3. Hopefully, he can continue to get more and more exposure from his work and we'll actually get to see Damion's face in his next Marvel outing.

20. orejon4

Anyone think that it's getting better? I do.

In other news, I really enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow and Hercules. Going to see Guardians of the Galaxy later this week. Lucy was not that great. Not terrible, but just... eh.