The Oscars! 2015 Edition

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

September 4th, so she's had plenty of time to get back into shape. I'm sure it also helped that she was in shape before she got pregnant, so it makes it easier and faster for her body to bounce back.

But, still, those Hollywood personal trainers are worth their weight in gold.

3. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

Scarlett can do no wrong in my book. Hell she had a movie (Lucy) that grossed over $400 million last year on a minimal budget.

Patricia Arquette was the most obvious winner this year. It takes a brave woman to take on a 13 year roll. Considering the was nature acts, to women in particular, you have no idea how your look is going change over that kind of time. Add in the fact that her performance was rather compelling; it was easily the factor that carried an otherwise blah movie.

4. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

Michael Keaton doesn't get an oscar for Birdman, the exec producer/ director does. He was the star of the film, that's it. He didn't win best Actor.

5. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

There are those out there that would say that isn't natural or healthy, but they are just jealous.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Missed the In Memorium part so I saw the montage online. I'm pleased they mentioned Herb Jeffries the Black cowboy actor. Read the protest was cancelled at the insistance of the director of Selma. I was disapointed when I read the list of winners in the Short Subject amimation and live action catagory. My faves did not win.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all of the winners and the rest of the nominees.

I was surprised Selma won for Best Song and that American Sniper won for Best Sound. I remember Clint Eastwood directed the Charlie Parker biopic Bird. Forrest Whitaker played Parker and that film won an Oscar for Best Sound.

I thought the opening song was kind of neat and Jack Black attempting to steal it from Neil Patrick Harris was funny. And then there was a quip about Kanye West. I stopped watching after that.