Leonard Nimoy Dead at 83

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

SHocked.

Leonard Nimoy was one of those people I never saw as old or thought was ever going to die.

Was he suffering from an illness??

83 nowadays is old but not like it used to be.

Live long and prosper in the next life, Mr. Spock.

4. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Small loss.

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

?????????:confused:

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Leonard Nimoy was an actor who had great presence even if the role was small. He had a look that was different from a lot of actors and showed a great versiatility. He seemed born for sci-fi and fantasy films. I remember seeing him in early 1950's classics like THEM(he played and army sergeant collecting a report from a teletype machine. Before that, he was in the Republic serial Zombies Of the Stratosphere(a.k.a. Satan's Satillites). He had done episodes of The Outer Limits(in the episode I, Robot, Nimoy played both a prosecutor and a defending attorney in both versions of the show), The Man From U.N.C.L.E.( he and William Shatner appeared on an episode called The Strigas Affair), Mission:Impossible(I think he played Roland Hand in place of Martin Landau). But when he hosted a show called In Search Of... I was intrigued. He even surprised me when he was in the remake of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. He was in the miniseries Marco Polo back in the 80's with actor Ken Marshall(Colwyn from Krull). He even supplied his voice for the Disney animated adventure, Atlantis, The Lost Continent. But after all those roles, none could ever top that of Mr. Spock on Star Trek. Like Captain James T. Kirk said at Spock's funeral in Star Trek II, The Wrath Of Khan, "Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most...human." Thank you, Leonard Nimoy. Rest In Peace. Live Long And Proseper. :smt089

7. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Grew up watching reruns of classic Trek on syndicated TV. There will always only be ONE Spock.

R.I.P.

8. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

9. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

RIP..I wonder if the Big Bang Theory wil do a tribute?

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i hope so. they did 2 episodes for the mother of one of the characters and ritefully so.

but yeah it would be cool

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

huh?

12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

He played Paris on Mission Impossible. Among many TV movies he played a Jew who sued to prove the Holocaust exists against a denier.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Nimoy also did an episode of T.J. Hooker with William Shatner as a corrupt cop.

14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Nimoy also directed a episode G.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

He also directed the film Three Men And A Baby with Tom Selleck, Steve Guttenberg and Paul Reiser(I think if my memory serves). Directed Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. As a director, he had an original flair.