Wash.Redskins to change name to Redtails?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, May 2, 2013.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Don't be too sure about that...below is just one example of how protests and boycotts by Mexican Americans against what they perceived to be negative stereotypes effected change.

"But the outdated messages in cartoons like Speedy aren't appropriate in the 21st century, Cartoon Network spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg said."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2002/03/28/speedy-gonzales-caged-by-cartoon-network/

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Damn. One of my fave cartoon characters from way back.

[​IMG]

Mice can't be Latino??lol

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So, did any French men ever boycott the stalking, forever horny skunk, Pepe le pew?

[​IMG]

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

As if the French are a racially oppressed minority mocked and dehumanized by the majority :smt011

Nice try tho

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Uh...and Mexicans are???
    Try again.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Mexican americans are in the same boat (no pun intended) as blacks and any other minority in this racist ass country with a track record for shitting on us

Are you trolling or wat

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You mean the Mexicans who think they are above Blacks? Better than? The Mexicans who are about to shove you out thier way. They are not oppressed. They have their country and voluntarily come here like any other immigrant who is not a political refugee. Now, of course, many Mexicans should thank (but dont), your ancestors for providing the fruits of thier labor..... So ok sure, if youd like to move over and declare Mexicans oppressed just like Blacks were/are, then who am I to stop you. ;*shrugs*

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Just watched a moving documentary on the life and death (murder) of Safety, Sean Taylor.

Man....He was destined for the hall of fame and history books. Hell of a player.

I remember being so depressed over the taking of his life by punk-assed waste of spacers. That man died defending his child and fiancee.
    It was nice learning how much he loved the both of them.

R.I.P Sean.

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm all for the name change. People who say it's all getting too PC don't care until a team has a slur against their ethnic group as its name. I'm sure at some point in the past it was okay with most people, but times change. And people change with the times.

Yeah, they can be Mexican, as long as they're not swilling tequila, lazy and taking naps all day. Lol. Remember his buddy who was dimwitted and always asleep?

This. Speedy Gonzalez isn't representing the Mexican elite in D.F. He's one of those Aztec/Native American, agricultural worker types. I don't think Ines Sainz is oppressed, but the illegally contracted custodial workers and farm workers sure are. And I'm still chuckling about the boat pun.

I don't think the French men boycott Pepe because we men (of all nationalities) are, in fact, quite horny. Men don't feel offended by the lothario image. Maybe if we were oppressed because of it, we would.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

l don't know if you were being witty or serious, but this comment made me lmdao!