Rock/metal bands.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by EuroChick, Oct 23, 2014.

1. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I didn't even realize that it released yet... just checked and saw that it released on 9/26. Might be too late to catch it in theaters. ;(

2. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Yeah, it doesn't look like it's in theaters anymore. :smt022 I kinda figured I was gonna see it with my now ex dude (who looks A LOT like Andre 3000 actually lol). :smt102 Oh well, I guess I'm gonna see it on Netflix/demand/whatever.

3. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I'll let you know how I liked it later today.

[​IMG]

4. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Awesome. :p

5. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

[​IMG]
    :smt077

6. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Iron Maiden and Black Sanbath

7. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

:smt023 I love both too. Especially Ozzy.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Between the buried and me, is my favorite metal group by far.

9. satyr

satyr New Member

I don't like metal at all.

Some rock bands I like.

Pavement
    Arcade Fire
    radiohead
    Stones
    The Who

10. satyr

satyr New Member

Poor form, rock is as black as your grandmother's Mahalia records. We largely abandoned it but it still wouldn't exist without us.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The electric guitar is synonymous with metal/rock music. And that was brought to us by Les Paul and also Adolph Rickenbacker. Tell us more about your comment...

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Parse all you like, but rock music is considered white as in "why you lissnin to dat white-boy music?"

Thanks for your input

:smt019

13. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Both Rock and Metal

[​IMG]

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I was thinking the same thing

Most tend to fall in line with black music, not that there's anything wrong with that

Sometimes it makes you wonder if ur just better off dating a black woman tho

:smt022

15. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

Interesting topic...

Metal the way it is supposed to be doesn't exist anymore. I was exposed to it growing up in the 80s and 90s. My faves in middle school to high school were Metallica, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, and of course Guns and Roses. Yeah, I listened to all of it with my suburban neighborhood friends. For the record, these were the same kids into Wu-Tang and B.I.G., so it goes both ways.

These days if I wanted to listen to rock or "hard rock", it's more about bands I got into maybe 5 to 10 years back. Linkin Park is great. I had a feel for what Evanescence and Amy Lee were doing. Other great artists in no particular order: Jack White (Rancoteurs and White Stripes), Panic at the Disco, Jimmy Eat World (west coast punk legends), My Chemical Romance, Korn, definitely Smashing Pumpkins, Pat Benetar, The Killers, Pearl Jam, Black Keys, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (technically emo). Big fan of all of those acts. There are a lot others but I listen to everything, I'd go on and on.

16. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Korn's good. :D

[youtube]rZSh9zKeI-s[/youtube]

But my all-time favorite (progressive metal) band is Tool.

[youtube]07pLGIgyfjw[/youtube]

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Oh great....we can have a lite convo without the race card being played.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

That's racist

19. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

:smt043 GL tryin to be slick with his comments lol

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

So it's not enough to hear that term from racist white guys, now from black dudes too? lol

Not a metal head at all but I do like me some rock