Was Pope John Banging A Married Woman ?

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by 2legit, Feb 16, 2016.

1. 2legit

2legit Active Member

I am sorry if you are catholic this is not against you but I am SMH with regard to this scandal. The media are not calling this scandal but it is. They decided to reveal the situation to the public after the parties involved are both dead. Celibacy is a joke lol if you're Catholic may be you should consider accepting a religion that preaches humans are sexual beings and that is how God created us......

[​IMG]
    Anna-Teresa Tymieniecka not that extraordinarily attractive

[​IMG]

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35542708

Hundreds of letters and photographs that tell the story of Pope John Paul II's close relationship with a married woman, which lasted more than 30 years, have been shown to the BBC. The letters to Polish-born American philosopher Anna-Teresa Tymieniecka had been kept away from public view in the National Library of Poland for years.

The documents reveal a rarely seen side of the pontiff, who died in 2005.
    There is no suggestion the Pope broke his vow of celibacy. [Bullshit, he might have broken, lol]. The friendship began in 1973 when Ms Tymieniecka contacted the future Pope, Cardinal Karol Wojtyla, then Archbishop of Krakow, about a book on philosophy that he had written.

The then 50-year-old travelled from the US to Poland to discuss the work.
    Anna-Teresa Tymieniecka in 1973. Anna-Teresa Tymieniecka at the time she met Cardinal Wojtyla Shortly afterwards, the pair began to correspond. At first the cardinal's letters were formal, but as their friendship grew, they become more intimate.

The pair decided to work on an expanded version of the cardinal's book, The Acting Person. They met many times - sometimes with his secretary present, sometimes alone - and corresponded frequently.

In 1974, he wrote that he was re-reading four of Ms Tymieniecka's letters written in one month because they were "so meaningful and deeply personal". Photographs which have never been seen before by the public reveal Karol Wojtyla at his most relaxed. He invited Ms Tymieniecka to join him on country walks and skiing holidays - she even joined him on a group camping trip. The pictures also show her visiting him at the Vatican.
    "Here is one of the handful of transcendentally great figures in public life in the 20th Century, the head of the Catholic Church, in an intense relationship with an attractive woman," says Eamon Duffy, Professor of the History of Christianity at Cambridge University.

In 1976, Cardinal Wojtyla attended a Catholic conference in the US. Ms Tymieniecka invited him to stay with her family at their country home in New England. She appeared to have revealed intense feelings for him because his letters immediately afterwards suggest a man struggling to make sense of their friendship in Christian terms. In one, dated September 1976, he writes: "My dear Teresa, I have received all three letters. You write about being torn apart, but I could find no answer to these words."
    He describes her as a "gift from God".

The BBC has not seen any of Ms Tymieniecka's letters. It is believed copies of them were included in the archive that was sold to the Polish National Library by Ms Tymieniecka in 2008, six years before she died. But they were not with the Pope's letters when the BBC was shown them. The National Library of Poland has not confirmed that they have Ms Tymieniecka's letters.
    Marsha Malinowski, a rare manuscripts dealer who negotiated the sale of the letters, says she believes Ms Tymieniecka fell in love with Cardinal Wojtyla in the early days of their relationship. "I think that it's completely reflected in the correspondence," she told the BBC.

The letters reveal that Cardinal Wojtyla gave Ms Tymieniecka one of his most treasured possessions, an item known as a scapular - a small devotional necklace worn around the shoulders.

2. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Just goes to show, your religion can never fully suppress your manly urges.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Exactly...nature is a mother

4. 2legit

2legit Active Member

You are both correct hard to argue your points. Human nature is human nature our bodies do certain functions and that is the reality whether we accept it or not won't make any difference. There were other scandals in the catholic church like child sexual abuse by priests, The church had allowed pedophiles to become priests and that is totally unacceptable such abuse had happened under the watch of Pope John. If Pedophiles can become priests a nightclub bouncer can lead the papal government. :cool:

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Who the fuck cares. He advocates for the poor and poverty striken. This shit is irrelevant.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember the story of Father Alberto Cutie(koo-tee-at). When pictures surfaced with him at the beach with a beautiful woman, it caused a firestorm within the Catholic church in Miami. Half felt that Cutie betrayed the church and his commitment to God. The other half thought he was just being a man. I felt better that he was being a man. I would rather see his hands on the body of a beautiful woman than the body of a boy. Cutie left the Catholic church and became an Episcopalian. He married the woman.

7. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

Right! I agree with you and I'm not even Catholic

8. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

It is fucking relevant if you head a church that doesnt allow fathers to marry and expect them to be celibate. Its fucking hypocritical:cool:

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Manly urges...ha..

You best believe she's working him with a strap-on the size of a Saturn rocket.

10. flaminghetero

Talk is cheap...

He didn't say shit about all those police shootings...he didn't meet with any of the victim's families.....but...he did meet with that nazi-bitch that refused to marry gay couples.

11. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

The thread is about a possible relationship with a married woman and Pope John Paul II who has been dead for 11 years.

You're talking about our current Pope - Pope Francis.

12. flaminghetero

oops.

13. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. flaminghetero

lol

15. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

:smt081:smt081:smt081:smt081:smt081