Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Damn you are slapping this lady silly. Please show some mercy :smt043

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

The statement in bold is unequivocally false, at least in regards to Illinois. It shows you're talking out of your butt.

Your beloved Democrats very much gerrymander districts to their liking, as well. I will only speak for Illinois, but Michael Madigan has absolutely gerrymandered districts when his hand-picked protégé Tammy Duckworth couldn't get elected, as one example.

As for the rest, Illinois ONLY elected a Republican governor this time around because the people were sick to death of the likes of Blago (who went to jail) and his nincompoop Lt. Governor Pat Quinn who did next to nothing to fix the state's problems.

And Illinois is very much a blue state. The democrats hold a supermajority, which is why they haven't passed a budget in 10 months. Michael Madigan is ONLY looking out for the union workers, and Bruce Rauner wants to cut some of the unions' power as well as pass a balanced budget (imagine that, passing a balanced budget!!), something the Illinois Democrats don't know how to do. They'd rather kick the can down the road, increase taxes, and not allocate the money where it should be going.

Neither one is backing down, and honestly, Rauner CAN'T back down because then Madigan will truly hold all of the power.

As for the rest, I never said the US didn't sell arms to the ME and neither did that article. The article stated that the arms to the ME increased drastically under Clinton as compared to the same time period under GWB.

Enjoy the Clinton Kool-Aid.

I'm out.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I'd rather sell more arms to those ME dictators and let them fight their OWN wars than spending our own blood and treasure to bail their asses out when they decide to invade each other.

We shouldn't have one U.S. troop die EVER to defend the sovereignty of any of those countries.

Being wrong about the political makeup of the Illinois legislature is not quite talking out of your ass, but whatever.:roll:

But saying Hillary is going 'sell the U.S. to the Saudis' is.
    Right wing talking talking points usually are.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

There is a difference between convicted felons and ex-convicted felons. If you have served your time then you should have your rights stored back. Nothing to do with Hillary.
    It is just politics. no one complains when the state taxes the ex-felons.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Harriet tubman's image is to be placed on the twenty dollar bill

7. andreboba

Currently Virginia is blue state in presidential elections.
    McAuliffe is a long time Clinton aide and loyalist and there probably is some political calculation behind this move, but at the same time I think it's wrong that felons who have been released from prison lose the right to vote, forever, in VA.

Until the GOP gets behind a moderate candidate who's not a Bible thumper or wants to outlaw the federal government, they're going to have a hard time winning presidential elections.

SC governor Nikki Hailey is still the GOP's best bet to win the POTUS.

She's a conservative but not a zealot, and what she did by showing the political courage to remove the confederate flag from the state capitol will probably net her the highest percentage of minority votes by any republican candidate in modern history, if she ever chooses to run.

For moderates and independents who think both parties are the same, I could see them rolling with Nicki Hailey in 4 years.

I pray to God she doesn't let Trump pimp her to join his ticket as his VP.lol

Hate to say it but to end the republican obstruction in Congress is probably going to require a republican president in the Oval Office.:smt009

8. Bookworm616

First off, when I said that Hillary would sell the US to the Saudis, I didn't mean she'd literally sell the US to the Saudis. What I did mean was that it's proven she can be bought through donations to the Clinton Foundation. And if you think she'll get into office and stop those favors, you need to reconsider.

It will just get worse. And if you can't admit that to yourself, then you really need to take off those rose-colored Clinton glasses.

As for the beginning of your post, you do realize that we sold arms to Al Qaeda to fight the Russians in Afghanistan in the late 70s, right? And how did that work out for us in the long run?

I'll wait whilst you try to formulate an anti-Republican response to that.

Being so anti- one party is not a good thing.

There are pros and cons to both parties, and finding a happy medium is essential for the future of this country.

9. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Compared to Trump, Clinton is a saint and that's telling.:cool:

10. Bookworm616

Saint and Hillary should never be in the same sentence.

You soil the good name of every saint who ever was and ever will be with that sentence.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Not our judicial system. Took me a long time to realize it but they don't seek justice when it comes to us pure and simple trash disposal to them

13. andreboba

I just read something that stated the death penalty in California was briefly ruled unconstitutional in 1972 and all the prisoners on death row had their sentences commuted to life in prison.

None of his followers were given the death penalty either.

However there's clearly a racial element going on here, regardless.

If the Manson family was ALL BLACK and killing high profile White folk in order to start a race war in the U.S., I don't think their sentences would have been retroactively commuted.

14. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

The Saints whose contemporaries(The Roman Catholic Fathers) abuse or condone the abuse of altar boys? You do realise that the saint word was used in a particular perspective with respect to Trump.:cool:

15. Bookworm616

Yes, I did understand and it still doesn't change the fact that no matter HOW you use that word, it would never, ever apply to Hillary.

Ever.

16. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Now is that a mantra or is that your personal opinion?:cool:

17. Bookworm616

LOL. It's my mantra, it's my personal opinion, and it's the truth. :smt023

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Very close...

EXCLUSIVE: Video footage showing Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe
    and Chinese billionaire Wang Wenliang at Hillary's house revealed
    as FBI probes campaign donations

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-revealed-FBI-probes-campaign-donations.html

19. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Don't follow politics, but if Hillary's hotsauce comment caught a lot of shit, Bernie Sander's DMX entrance better catch even more shit for pandering and "racism".

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I didn't catch it, but I think there's a qualitative difference between picking out music that fires up your supporters and talking about something that you purport to be part of your character or personality. I bet he isn't even involved in music selection at his events. That would be like Sanders claiming that DMX was his favorite rapper or something.