The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

DSP games...:(

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]0OguhAYbjrs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5DgGY_snj-I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4_Wou74TE7A[/YOUTUBE]

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I would love for Marvel Entertainment to make a movie about Morbius, The Living Vampire. When I first saw Morbius, I was 7 years old and he scared the shit out of me. He went up against Spider-Man and Blade hunted him in one of the Spider-Man cartoons. He had a new comic book in the late 90''s early 2000's , I think. It was pretty good. Very tragic.

Update: There was a film made about Morbius in 2014. It had a running time of 12 minutes.

Hopefully, Marvel Entertainment will make a longer version to include Blade.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I don't usually find these funny. But, this was on point.

[YOUTUBE]pTuyfQ5CR4Q[/YOUTUBE]

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Fight starts at around the 5:19 mark if you wish to skip the pre-fight fanboy/girl chatter.

[YOUTUBE]oCdrAnbXYRY[/YOUTUBE]

6. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Power Rangers Breaks Into The Modern Era With First Look At Movie Suits

[​IMG]

The kick-flips and "morphin time!" talk may remain the same, but when it comes to the look of the "Power Rangers," things have definitely been updated for the new Lionsgate film.

Today the studio revealed a first look at the uniforms for the teen superhero team for director Dean Israelite's reinvention of the beloved kids franchise

Described by the magazine as "translucent extraterrestrial armor that crystallizes around their bodies," the new suits come courtesy of the film's production designer Andrew Menzies who said, "It’s tricky finding a new language for a superhero costume...Ours is an alien costume that grows on them, that’s not man-made. You can’t win everyone over, but we are trying to appeal to a more mature audience and gain new fans."

Meanwhile, director Dean Israelite explained, "The show was about kids coming of age, about metamorphosis. These suits needed to feel like they were catalyzed by these kids and their energy, their spirit." And Yellow Ranger actress Becky G enthused, "It’s the coolest costume ever. I’m gonna wear it for Halloween for, like, five years."

Also starring Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa, Ludi Lin as Black Ranger Zack, Dacre Montgomery as Red Ranger Jason, Naomi Scott as Pink Ranger Kimberly, and RJ Cyler as Blue Ranger Billy, "Power Rangers" opens on March 24, 2017.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  7. Shulz021

Green Lantern: Starlit Crisis

[​IMG]

At last, Green Lantern: Starlit Crisis is released!

But what is Starlit Crisis?

Green Lantern: Starlit Crisis is the comic John Stewart has deserved since 2001, when he made his fateful animated debut on the hit show Justice League. When he became a hero to millions and millions of people. When he became the Green Lantern to an entire generation.

It is a comic by someone who loves John Stewart and appreciates what the character has accomplished, and recognizes what the character means to others. It is a story for them; those others who love John Stewart, or anyone looking for a great comic.

With Starlit Crisis, you are not getting face plates. You are not getting tokens. You are not getting wallpaper. You are not getting missing genitalia. You are not being ignored, marginalized, or downplayed.

Starlit Crisis is the work of one person, Neil Allen, also known as Desh. Rather than sit on the sidelines and complain about what I didn’t like in comics, I believed it was more productive for me, for the fans, and even for the professionals, if I set out to actually make the comic that I would like to read. It’s been a wonderful experience, and I’ve learned many new things along the way. I am delighted to have something to share with you.

Starlit Crisis is quite an undertaking, especially for one person… especially when that person has never made a comic prior to this. If you enjoy the project, I ask that you consider lending a hand toward keeping it going through its Patreon account, where you can pledge a certain amount of money each month that you’re comfortable with. It’s very easy to do, and though Starlit Crisis will always be totally free for anyone to read, your generosity would go a long way toward keeping the project afloat. If you’re already used to buying comics, you can think of this as another comic you’d like to support.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had read that CBS is not going to give Supergirl another season. There may be a chance that the CW will pick it up.

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I read something very similar. They may keep it if they can get the budget down. It may end up on the CW.

Hope it comes back. It started to get good towads the end of the season.

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The CW can get the budget down and Supergirl will be picked up by the CW. Other shows are on the chopping block such as Doctor Ken and Nashville(after four seasons).

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Hey, why did the most recent Fantastic Four movie get such bad reviews??

I just saw it tonight and liked it a lot.
    It was definitely better than the Green Lantern movie, Iron Man 2 and IMO better than the previous two FF flicks.

It was a little implausible that these kids would be high level quantum and particle physicists, but the rest of it flowed IMO and set it up for numerous sequels.

THe Fantastic Four were Marvel's flagship superhero team.

It's hard to believe they haven't really caught on like the X-Men have.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Other than their power set what about any of those characters rang true as the Fantastic Four? Same with Doctor Doom.

At least the two previous Fox attempts had a basic resemblance to the comic book version's family dynamic and personalities. Even that take on Doom was closer to the comics than this recent one in terms of his arrogance.

13. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I thought the friction between Reed Richards and Ben Grimm was true to the comic book in that the Thing blamed Reed for what happened to him and Reed initially was attempting to cure him.

This new FF are all teenagers so I don't think they've grown into their more familiar, mature roles.

Anyway that wouldn't explain why the movie was generally panned.

Critics aren't basing their reviews on how closely the FF movie reflected the comic books.

What about it didn't work as a comic book movie??

Anyway I liked it

The screenwriter(s) and producers tried to reinvent the FF origin story while keeping some core elements the same.

I stlll don't know why so many moviegoers didn't like the FF movie.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Because Josh Trank wasn't trying to make a comic book movie. He said early on during production that he wasn't making a comic book movie but a "science fiction drama with action elements".

He even went as far as saying that if Marvel had the movie rights to Fantastic Four rather than Fox, he would have turned down the offer to direct the movie because he's one of those individuals who doesn't like Marvel's take on their movies due to them being "too much like the comic books". :smt009

And that particular mindset came through in every way with that movie. He was the wrong person to be handling the Fantastic Four. You can't give someone who has no love/respect for superheroes/comic books a movie based in the genre to helm and then expect them to actually put out a good superhero/comic book movie.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

cosign
    Plus everything came across so damn forced
    Michael B Jordan was a horrible Johnny Storm. Race aside he wasn't fun loving and funny like he the Human Torch was suppose to be. Chris Evans did a way better job.
    Age wise he was the only character that fit.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Say what you want about those first two FF movies, but they did get their personalities right. You actually could identify with and liked them for the most part, which is why it was such a disappointment that those movies didn't do better. If Fox would have done that second one closer to the comics, especially Galactus' look and how he actually came through and destroyed worlds, the FF would have been a more viable film franchise.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So true. Marvel should just buy them out like they did Spiderman

18. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I agree. But I still enjoyed it.

19. Shulz021

NEXT "X-MEN" MOVIE WILL BE SET IN THE '90S, SAYS PRODUCER SIMON KINBERG

[​IMG]

According to new comments from producer Simon Kinberg, the X-Men film franchise will continue its journey through the decades. While speaking to the "X-Men: Apocalypse" producer at the film's junket, ComingSoon learned that the next installment will be set in a different decade.
    “The next one is set in the ’90s,” said Kinberg.
    The period-piece element of the franchise started with 2011's "X-Men: First Class," which was set in 1962. The 2014 follow-up, "X-Men: Days of Future Past," split its time between 1973 and a date in the near future. "X-Men: Apocalypse," which opens later this month, is set in 1983.
    Based on Kinberg's comments, it's not yet known if he's referring to a new "X-Men" film or possibly one of the spinoffs that's currently in production -- specifically "New Mutants" or even "X-Force." "X-Men: Apocalypse" has been talked about as the end of a trilogy that began with "First Class," as many of the cast members signed three-picture deals; Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy have expressed a willingness to return. It was also recently revealed that new addition Tye Sheridan has signed on for two additional movies. An official annoncement of a follow-up to "X-Men: Apocalypse" has yet to be made.
    "X-Men: Apocalypse" opens in theaters on May 27.

20. Shulz021

[YOUTUBE]IZg_fRvqEks[/YOUTUBE]