Larry Wilmore to Obama: You did it my N_gga

Discussion in 'In the News' started by MilkandCoffee, May 2, 2016.

1. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

NBC news article: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mixed-reaction-larry-wilmore-drops-n-bomb-whcd-n565511

So, last night at the correspondents dinner, comedian Larry Wilmore was brought up to say a few things to Obama. In his closing remarks about how America's changed from a country so adamant against having a black QB to one now run by a black man, he closes out by addressing Obama with "Yo barry, you did it my n_gga". In his defense he did say he was gonna keep it 1hunna :smt101

What's your opinion on what Larry did?

2. 2legit

2legit Active Member

I don't know who he is but Larry Wilmore is an idiot, why does he have to use that kind of language ?

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Careful you ain't keepin it one hunnit

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Larry fell into that age old trap of getting 'too familiar'.

He didn't know Barack like that, and Mr. Wilmore failed to give due respect to the office Obama holds because Obama is a Black man.:-|

If Larry Wilmore loses that Daily SHow gig don't be surprised if you never hear of him working in Hollywood again.

Can we assume Obama knew what was about to come out of Wilmore's mouth??

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Don Imus was in the same situation with Bill Clinton and Lewis Black had it with George W. Bush. Comedians aren't sure what the President of the United States is going to make of their comedy. They simply want to be funny to every audience. And that makes those events unpredictable.

Even President Obama drops the mic.

6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I saw a headline or two that mentioned the president being ok with him using the word. So, all is well. And I am quite sure that they run the jokes by the office before they are approved.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I stopped watching his show after the Cosby thing and how idotic he and his "panel" treated Bill.Nye. Wilmore doesn't know when to shut it off. Yes, it's a comedic news and discussion show. But, you have to find that right balance between the comedy and the discussion. He has no idea where that balance point is. It's a shame, too. Because, he is funny and whip smart. He's just not "there", yet. Maybe, he'll never be. I don't know. I just know I probably won't be there to watch.

8. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

So you guys think he wont run that nigga thing by the President or his people? How dumb can some people be? The guy is a comedian and was in character.:cool:

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Yeah, you have to assume President Obama had a head's up about what Wilmore was going to say before he said it.

If Obama OKed the 'my nigga' drop, then BHO is at a point in his presidency where he just doesn't give a shit what people think about him, good or bad.

When Barack said, 'I haven't been this high since I was in college trying to decide on my major,' that was a more shocking statement by him IMO than anything Wilmore said.:weedman:

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

End thread

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Defitely agree. He doesn't know him like that.
    I think "My Man" with a strong proud lingering look would have carried so much more substance. Just soak up the moment, you know.
    It's like someone calling Hills, "my Bitch!" :p

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

st8 disgrace. period.

13. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

The brothers and sisters should had slammed Larry down for that. Jon Stewart called POTUS "dude" in one interview. If that was W or BillC they would not said those words.