both of the hadid sisters supposedly dating black men

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by dogon89, May 24, 2015.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

In Europe a brother who lives large are as fancy as the most expensive chocolates of Switzerland.

2. Ray9968

Ray9968 Active Member

3. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Hadid is a Semitic name. Their father is Palestinian and mother is Dutch. Does that make them white? :cool:

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't know how anyone could think the weekend dude was not black.

So anyone Cris Brown complextion or anyone lighter than TI is barely Black too you? weird.

Good question if you buy into the race concept. To me they look and therefore are white.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

The forum is always good for a controversy or two...lol.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

As long as ambiguous-looking people acknowledge their black heritage, I have no issue

Part of the animosity towards blacks and mixed blacks stems from their ability to blend in with whites, latinos, or whatever, while not truly being stuck living the life of a black person

Then you have the ones who flat out deny being partially black and that makes me sick

I don't have that luxury

7. orejon4

I can spot them a mile away. I watched 'Imitation of Life', lol.

They have us mad at people for not being 'stuck' suffering along with the rest of us. Like inmates mad at someone on their release date.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It really makes one question what does being black even mean anymore. Especially if you can phase in out at will. Other cultures /races don't do or allow that. Imagine if a Jewishperson phased in out between Christianity or Islam and Judaism. It wouldn't be allowed.
    It's very difficult to unravel

9. orejon4

I agree with you about what does it even mean anymore. A religion is a bit different from a race/ethnicity, though, don't you think? Despite Ashkenazi Jewish assertions, they don't look like Middle Eastern or Falasha Jews.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Being black is a difficult way of life.........not everyone's cut out to live it 24/7

Everyday there's another story about discrimination or brutality towards us

People hide being black like they hide that Britney Spears album they bought after football practice

11. z

z Well-Known Member

The chicks look middle eastern
    They guys are blk, the ethiopian guy is no different than drake or Chris brown
    The british guy no different tha the Rock, A- rod or Derek Jeter

If Obama is blk that weeknd guy is for sure blk

12. The Dark King

This shit ain't for the weak that's for sure

13. The Dark King

Well for a lot of people religion is their ethnicity. I've dated several Jewish women who have friends who are so culturally Jewish they won't entertain seriously dating anyone who isn't Jewish even though they practice not a single religious tenant.

14. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

What is the obsession with trying to claim A-Rod? Dude isn't black. Nobody considers him to be black. Even if he were visibly black, he's a Dominican. They'll do anything they can not to acknowledge African ancestry. The darkest Dominicans would self-immolate before identifying themselves as "black."

I find it mind-boggling that black Americans cling even more tightly to the one drop rule in this day and age when we all know damn well that some racially ambiguous looking person who's 8% black doesn't have anywhere near the same life experiences are a dark-skinned person with unmistakably African features.

15. The Dark King

cosign
    That's why I never considered Vanessa Williams the first black anything or Mariah Carey or Rick Fox etc. It's a completely different cultural and life experience.
    Lupita is definitely going through different shit than Mariah

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's not how you look as much as it is how you're treated. If a lighter-skinned person gets the racism treatment, l assume it would burn as much as a darker-skinned person felt.

Vanessa Williams as Miss America got the royal racism treatment, regardless whether you think she's not Black enough for you.

She grew up in a White neighborhood. Do you think this family was not identified as, nor identified as, anything other than Black?

[​IMG]

17. TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18 Well-Known Member

preach...and vanessa has always claimed black.

18. TERRASTAR18

you are lumping a lot of ppl together. vanessa and rick are visibly black and have claimed blackness. don't lump everyone together because i'm pretty sure you cheerlead biracial tiger and jeter's blackness when they were dating those pretty white girls.

19. TERRASTAR18

do you know any dominicans? they vary. i know some who are very pro black.

20. The Dark King

Generally they don't claim blackness