Are Black Women generally jealous of white women?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Elklodge, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Machiavel

Machiavel Active Member

If you're talking about Black American women, then yes, of course they are jealous of white women and are very insecure when it comes to white women.

There are more evidence to that jealousy, contempt/animosity toward white women than just the "skinny white bitch" phrase. I've heard enough commentary and explanation coming from all sisters of all social strata to know that it's just insecurity and jealousy. To many black American women, because of social injustice, white women have been priviledged and they have been put on a pedestal by a society that has oppressed black people. So in the black woman perspective, having white women being considered the "epitome of physical beauty" is already hurtful, but having some black men lusting, having a preference for white women adds insult to injury.

I remember very well the scene in Waiting to Exhale where Angela Bassett character burst into a conference room to interupt her husband in the middle of a meeting and just slaps Kelly Preston's character senseless. All the black women in the audience stood to their feet and clapped in the theater where I saw it in Universal Studios. I also remember black women in the audience clapping and cheering when Martin Lawrence, hosting Def Comedy Jam, said he wouldn't date white women.

So there's a lot of animosity from too many black American women who consider white women to be their ultimate nemesis and rival. It's different for continental African black women because they don't live in societies where they feel their beauty is less glamorous than Caucasian women, they don't feel or hear that white women are perceived to be the epitome of physical beauty etc. However, many dark skinned African women have an inferiority complex toward light skinned black women. Jealousy is part of human nature, but in physical appearance, women in general are most sensitive and are more likely to feel more insecure over other women.

2. Hatiangirl

Hatiangirl New Member

no

I am a black female and the answer is no

and I can't understand why you guys can't discuss this with black women and ask them rather than making inferences. You guys are not black women so how do u know us?

I thought this was white women and black men. Why are u guys wasting time talking about us.

If u want to talk about issues that affect the black community w/ others here's a website u can go to discuss.
    Yes white women and people are welcomed

www.topix.com/forum/afam

And u don't need to join to post.

PLEASE READ THE SIGNATURE and PETITION
    vvvvvvv

3. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

I signed your petition, Hatian Girl.

I didn't reply here because from my experience most black women really don't give a fuck. I don't really see why they'd be jealous. What's to be jealous of really? Sure a minority may be annoyed, you get white women, white men and black men that get annoyed by interracial dating too. I'm sure it's not jealousy though unless they're actually interested in the person that's with the person of another race.

These threads just seem pointless to me. It's just another sweeping generalisation - the kind we try to stop when made about interracial dating.

Even if some black women are jealous? WHY does it matter, in the grand scheme of things? We always have threads like this trying to find the logic or whatever in something that doesn't really matter.

4. satyricon

satyricon Guest

Black women are jealous of white women who pursue and get black men.

Ugly black men are jealous of handsome black men who have wider dating (and mating) options than they do with women of all stripes, but think the reason is because they're darker instead of simply unattractive.

Who is satyricon jealous of?

No one.

5. Max Mosley

Max Mosley Well-Known Member

Unless you've been living under a rock or dont have experiences in black communities, I cant fathom how you could deny this post is true.

6. malikom

malikom Banned

That Topix forum is horrible.

You got a bunch of racist white guys pretending to be blacks,writing all sorts of crazy stuff

7. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

LMAO!! You're a goofball!! :lol:

8. satyricon

satyricon Guest

A secure goofball. :cool:

9. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

:smt023 A confident man is all good!! ;)

10. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

lmao.

11. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Speaking not as a generalization, but only speaking to and from my own personal experience.... yes.

I once had a black woman turn me down saying she was looking for a 'corporate thug'. I replied that I don't even know what that means. I rold her that I've lived outside my parents house since 18, paid my own car and my own bills. Because, you know responsibility and the ability to make big boy decisions is such a rare quality to find in adults these days.

Anyways, last I heard from her, she was dating a guy who worked at Subway and still lived with his parents on the South Side of Chicago. He already has 2 kids for another. She gives me shit, because I'm married to a white woman that I brought over from Germany. Of course, I rub in the fact that we are financially secure and looking for a house in Boca, how she doesn't have to work unless she wants to, neither of us are bringing kids into the relationship so we can start our own (probably not a comment to be taken lightly around here, I realize). She replies that there's plenty of good black American women who would love a dude like me and if she were single she'd be all over me. I replied to her that my wife wanted corporate and she wanted thug.

That comment was lost on her.

12. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

See this is waht pisses me off we don't owe black women anything.

13. Machiavel

Machiavel Active Member

lol, nice come back, dawg.

14. z

z Well-Known Member

Southhhhh Saieeeeeed

15. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

Some black women are jealous of white women and some black women could care less....no need to make generalizations about sistas because they come in all shapes in sizes and with varying attitudes and backgrounds.

Black women that have good men don't seem to care all that much from what I've observed.

WW are no different as evidenced by all the stories of anorexia/bulimia and the firestorm that accompanies any thread that involves weight and WW. The fact that BW (according to research) have the highest self-image ratings prove that it's not just a one-way street...everyone has issues.

I will say however that any BW that is worrying about a WW needs to understand that what is most likely to screw up her relationships are 1.) a no-good Negro 2.) Another BW (either a friend or foe) and 3.) herself...the whole "WW stealing my good BM-thing" is not that common since most BM that love WW just go straight for the "prize."

16. Patterson

Patterson New Member

Generalizing, big time. This is like saying are whites smarter than blacks, or are black men jealous of white men. After all, white men have the same physical characteristics as white women and are held on pedestals as the epitome of beauty over all races of men as well. Its funny how this fact always manages to get overlooked when threads like this are posted.lol Its a two way street.

17. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi New Member

I think the question is valid. I would say that many black women are jealous of white women, but at the same time many aren't jealous at all.

To the people that questioned the necessity of this question, what you need to understand is that black men that choose to date white women often have to deal with black women who do not approve of our dating habits. The posters question seems to be an attempt to understand where this pejorative stance originates from.

My friend told me his girlfriend said she would be upset if I ended up with a white girl because "He's one of the good ones". There seems to be a perception within the black community that good men are a scarce commodity, and that white women are "stealing" all the good black men. Compound this with the fact that white women are put on the pedestal of beauty in western societies and the result is many black women feeling jealous of white women.

18. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Wow. Ol' girl fails on so many levels. But whatever. At least you aren't with her.

19. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

I understand that but there are so many threads like this, it gets a little played out after a while.

20. Machiavel

Machiavel Active Member

This a remix, SaraS. :) So sure it's the same beat, but with different lyrics and where brothers can talk about their personal experience with an issue that is very common in the US at least :)