Adrian Fenty and his ‘budding romance’ with Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by alioufall, Aug 9, 2013.

1. alioufall

alioufall Well-Known Member

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

He could be another John Kerry.

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

More power to them!

4. LuvVanillaIC

LuvVanillaIC Active Member

5. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Good point. :smt038

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

now that is an upgrade. Im getting a ticket to meet this cat and to ask him where to meet that type of woman.

7. orejon4

I always heard of him spoken of in the same vein as Corey Booker. Is that a fair comparison? I'm also happy that such an intelligent, accomplished, beautiful woman was for a long time married to one, and is now dating another, very intelligent man, instead of some chest-pounding, knuckle-dragger. It's rare that the smart guy gets the girl. Yay for them.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I thought Fenty was a great mayor but I don't live in DC. I'm not a fan of Mr. Gray. He looks like Mr.Business as usual but w/e D.C. isn't my problem.

9. orejon4

I had heard both pros and cons with Fenty. And the breakdown of the views about him is very reminiscent of the critique toward all newer black "post-racial" candidates.

10. z

z Well-Known Member

He is got billion reasons to be with here

11. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

It is one thing to die early and leave behind your billions and a lovely wife, ....It is another thing to look down and see what she will be doing with those billions.........If there is every a case for a man to roll over in his grave,....Steve jobs has made a least 3 revolutions by now..... Go Fenty.

12. orejon4

I bet Steve Jobs would be happy she's with Mr. Fenty. Better Adrian than Bill Gates.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Can't get behind this union until it's assured she or he did not break up his marriage over this relationship.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Fenty was a fine mayor, his problem was he didn't like to glad-hand and suck up to the deep-pocket campaign donors or everyday constituents.

He enjoyed be a politician but didn't like playing the game.

Fenty lost his reelection because he wasn't accessible enough to everyday Distrct Columbians, not because he was an ineffective city manager.

The current D.C. mayor Vincent Gray is a corrupt mfer and has steered endless city contracts to his best friends and cronies. There's talk he won't finish his term without facing criminal charges.

15. archangel

This is totally superficial but the way the guy looks and acts just .... didn't sit right with me. but that's who they wanted so they got him and kicked fenty out.

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

she is cute 2

17. orejon4

I've heard the "doesn't connect with base voters" line about Obama and Booker as well. It doesn't really speak to substance so much as style. There is a general concern though, that "new" Democrats like these guys have an inherent class bias to their policies that tends toward elitism and few opportunities for the working poor and underclass.

18. archangel

Couldn't someone say the same comment about any of us if we ran for office.

I think they want same old same old. The Bill Clinton persona. However, most black educated black men between 20 to 40 have a hard time relating to Bill Clinton at least I do.

19. orejon4

Yeah, I agree. In my work I have always found that same old appeal to voters, especially black voters, based on religion, down-home, deep-fried cornpone, etc, as pretty insulting. But that has been the bread and butter of Democrat politics for as long as I've been active. It's as annoying as Republican thinly veiled racism is infuriating.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

jackpot

oh..and for once people can't say WW chase BM with more money