The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]ZHxu00fVqhA[/YOUTUBE]

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

That was stank

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]XH40EowbTz8[/YOUTUBE]

4. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

What the heck did I just watch :smt043

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

An attempt at a new web series trying to be in the same vein as Boondocks/Black Dynamite/Black Jesus but playing on a combination superhero/hip hop/media celebrity type theme.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

It was a total fail

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Candyman Is The Voice of Zoom for Season 2 of The Flash

[​IMG]

CW's The Flash has just cast Tony Todd, the man who scared a whole generation of children from looking in the mirror in the horror film Candyman, as the voice of season two's big villain: Zoom. Revealed by Variety, Zoom will make his first appearance in the second episode, titled "Flash of Two Worlds." Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg talked about casting Todd for this role.

“Last year, with the Reverse-Flash, we just modulated Tom Cavanagh’s voice, and this year we wanted to do something a little bit different. Part of the mystery of the season is who or what is underneath the Zoom outfit, and so we wanted to do something like James Earl Jones as Darth Vader — this iconic voice coming out of this mask. Last year, we thought of the Reverse-Flash as a speed warrior; this year, Zoom is like a speed demon, and no one does demon-voice better than Tony Todd.”
    Kreisberg went on to say that the Zoom outfit is more organic that Reverse Flash's suit and this will play out like a horror film.

"For us, the best villains are the ones who don’t have megalomaniacal ‘I want to rule the world’ motivations. Last year, the Reverse-Flash had a very simple goal which was, ‘I just want to go home, and if people need to die or cities need to get wasted for me to get that, so be it.’ And Zoom has a very similar, personal goal this season… simple and easy to understand, and very primal. And just as with Wells last year, Zoom doesn’t care who gets hurt or what gets destroyed in the service of him getting his goal."
    This won't be the exact same Zoom as the comics, but Kreisberg says they don't want to "spoon-feed" fans the exact stories from the comic and he believes they spun the tale in a clever way.

Season two of The Flash returns on October 6.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The recent casting announcements for episode 8, seem to indicate that Boyega at least survives past The Force Awakens. Because it is reported that they are having potential female leads do "chemistry" readings with him.

http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-episode-viii-shortlist-includes-gina-rodriguez-tatiana-maslany-olivia-cooke-exclusive/

As for who the new female lead might be playing, I'm speculating that the character is going to join Boyega as a Jedi apprentice to Luke Skywalker.

By the way, here are the three actresses up for the role.

[​IMG]

9. Shulz021

Ah the one in the middle has a show on CW.

10. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the vixen series mostly because it is less than 10 mins a show. I'll wait until season one is done to see the whole thing.

11. Shulz021

Yeah what a letdown on the duration of each episode.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Netfix Luke Cage Series Character Casting News

Info taken from Deadline.com and Comic Book Resources. com

Netflix’s Marvel series Luke Cage has rounded out its core cast.

Actress Alfre Woodard and actor Theo Rossi will be playing enemies to Cage : Rossi is Shades aka Alvarez and Woodard said to be the main villain for the series a character named Minetta, a powerful local politician “who will have an impact on Luke Cage’s life.” Additionally, it’s being reported that the character is a version of the Luke Cage and Iron Fist villain from the comics, Black Mariah.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Additionally, Rosario Dawson will reprise her role as Claire Temple from Netflix’s Daredevil and also is set to appear in the second Marvel series, Jessica Jones — where Mike Colter’s Luke Cage also will make his debut — before moving to the Luke Cage series.

[​IMG]

Lastly actress Simone Missick has landed the female lead opposite Mike Colter, She will play what is listed on the breakdown as "Missy" a woman with a strong sense of justice. Series sources suggests that "Missy" is actually Misty Knight, who in the Marvel Comics source material frequently joins forces with Luke Cage and Iron Fist and served as a member of the Defenders in at least one incarnation of the team.

[​IMG]

13. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

14. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Arrow: John Diggle Suits Up — First Look
    August 2015

The CW has released the first photo of David Ramsey (John Diggle) in his new costume on Arrow.

Ramsey will be sporting the new duds when Season 4 premieres on Wednesday, October 7.

Link

15. archangel

I swear some of this stuff looks great in the comics but not so good in real life. I mean that helmet is silly.

16. SilverSmith

The first thing that came to mind was ''Black Magneto''.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  17. archangel

me too

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, it will look better in action.

But, with Diggle, they could have just gone with an upgraded ski-mask, black opps, quasi military look and it would've worked better for the character. Unless, he;s getting an upgrade in powers or something like that.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This.

Simplest thing they could have done to give Diggle a costume was......

[​IMG]

....and just tweaked the overall look to fit with the look of Arrow & Arsenal's costume.

20. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I'd post something, but it would be too mean, even for me. :smt012