Officer fatally shot on duty in Illinois

Discussion in 'In the News' started by z, Sep 1, 2015.

1. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

A few my ass.

If the majority of officers are good they'd have the bad ones in check...but of course that ain't the case.

Being a cop isn't even in the top 10 of the most dangerous occupations.

More Farmworkers die annually than police officers.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's easy for you to say that though, btw one brother on the job another in the process, but they aren't hunting and killing you or your family. It's so incredibly easy to be sympathetic when your heart doesn't literally stop every time you see cops you don't know. I still have to see a therapist after my situation last year. Like I said so sad and I have no clue how it stops as long as people keep ignoring and dismissing the oppressws.

3. The Dark King

I honestly wonder if the culture of fear with cops was raping women and not murdering bm how things would differ in terms of being so understanding about their jobs.

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Well said. I think it has to be addressed by the president on the way out so that it can be dealt with city by city. I don't see it being handled by this generation of leaders but the millennial generation will more than likely come to grips with it.Too many of us are tired of the bad cops remaining on the job and the department protecting them.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Men rape us pretty much 100%. Do women condemn you, as a male?..
    ps: women ARE raped by cops.

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

But that's the thing TDK, cops DO rape women. And not just cops...we're potentially at risk daily. Cops probably are convicted more often for rape than when they kill unjustly, I'll give you that, but as women we are constantly at risk, and not just from the police. If a cop tries to pull me over in a desolate area, guaranteed my heart beats just as fast as yours would if he was pulling you over.

By no means would I EVER make excuses for the murders of bp in our country. Murdering innocent police is no better than murdering innocent bp though.

7. The Dark King

But the stark difference is that
    1. There aren't people calling out political action groups who talk about it terrorist. There isn't public support of women being victims and just shutting up and taking it.

2. If you have an issue with someone you feel comfortable calling the police you get to feel protected. Every time I see the police I literally think is this going to be the moment I die or end up in jail over bs.

I know there have been cops who raped women but like Raider said they are much more likely to be convicted of the crime. The court of public opinion isn't quick to find every reason as to why it was deserved.
    For God sakes they openly killed two people on camera no warning no command and there are millions of people who looked for every reason imaginable as to why they deserved it. They wouldn't do that women. And if they did of every week you heard about cops raping a poor defenseless woman, if every week they actually had supporters for their actions would you feel the same way?

8. The Dark King

And Bliss this is right up there with white people go through racism too and we all know it's far from the same thing.

9. archangel

If a woman is raped by a cop, she can sue the police department because that cop represents the police department. The police department felt that he was qualified to represent them. Men are not an organization. We don't select who can represent us. It is not the same whatsoever.

Good or bad each cop represents them. This goes back to why they should fire the bad ones.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Actually, it is...

http://www.careercast.com/jobs-rated/most-dangerous-jobs-2015

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13227253/9/the-10-most-dangerous-jobs-of-2015.html

To your other point.. ln any profession where corruption/cover ups rears its ugly head, it's levels vary. So if a cop is corrupt, chances are a few know about it. But it's not some hugely advertised activity among the masses. Are people aware of corruption in general, of course, but go ahead and try to pin it down to the culprit/s if you're Joe regular Cop on the job.

Unless you're directly involved or witness some shit done to a civilian, and can record it or go to I.A, how do you stop corruption? If l was a cop on a force of 20,000 and in a District of 1000 in a round the clock station that has officers two, or just one assigned to a beat, how does a decent cop stop the action of some rogues? It's not that simple. What's your solution? I know you despise cops but give an alternative to the system we have of law and order in general.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Then say the same for doctors ( & nurses), or politicians. And firefighters.

12. The Dark King

Bliss that's weak as fuck. They know, you can't work these beats for years and not see some foul shit. Great example of what to do TALK ABOUT, EXPOSE THE SHITTY ONES, STOP STANDING UP FOR THEM WHEN THEY DO WRONG

[YOUTUBE]Ndg-JGmYryA[/YOUTUBE]

13. The Dark King

Who doesn't say the same for them?

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I hear you, TC.
    That's pretty much what the AbalIne, TX Police Chief Stan Standbridge said...

"The initial reaction was fear. Why was Officer Allen chosen?
    That speaks volumes as it relates to how vulnerable are we. ... We look like we're prepared for anything," he said. "But the reality is, we're just like you. We go to the same schools in this community. We attend the same churches. We eat at the same restaurants. We are just like you".

I've been involved with men on both sides, and been a victim on both sides, so l see all sides.
    There is no simple solution...
    I will say conversation at the table has to occur with police and civilians.

A national televised town Hall meeting would be a start.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Fook, l can't see the YT damit.

How is it weak? Do you remember the NPR recordings l posted of the cop who wore a wire for a year. How his corrupt boss tried to have him institutionalized, claiming he was suicidal? I bet you didn't bother to listen. You should, and then might understand how difficult it is to bring corrupt cops down. Its a scary listen.

Btw, l read you said you are seeing a therapist over what happened to you. What happened?

16. The Dark King

Fair enough I'll listen

Long story short five cops detained me over a bogus trespassing charge. Had their hands on their guns the whole time while screaming at me. Really weird but very traumatic because it was total bs and they handled it really poorly.

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Could you clarify this please?

18. archangel

I agree.

They all get the same heat especially the politicians.
    politician is pretty much a dirty word.

19. archangel

Actually it isn't

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cfch0012.pdf

page 19

It has a list.

Thestreet.com points to careercast and careercast never ranked. They simply said most dangerous jobs which they are correct. police are probably in top 20

If you look at the bls.gov, they actually show Civilian occupations with high fatal work injury rates. The police are not on there. I don't know why they just didn't use that except to say that it isn't hot to advertise some of these jobs like fishing....

also
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/bu...-top-10-dangerous-jobs-report-police-officer/

20. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right. At the end of the day, you and I live in two very different worlds with two very different justice systems. Even with that understanding, I can't sit back and justify the killing of an innocent person, any innocent person. We can't win by trying to "get even".