European women really more "liberal" than US WW?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by TheChosenOne, Jul 14, 2008.

1. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

Now hold on....I don't want anyone to get upset or think I'm trying to stir everyone's emotions. I just had a thought and decided to write because I've heard people extoll the virtues of European women with regards to their appreciation of the black man. If we are comparing American WW's feelings towards black men vs. Euros...that's one argument. But does that mean that European women are more tolerant of ALL TYPES OF MEN? Is a European woman more likely to date/marry a Muslim guy from Pakistan or a Hindu guy from India? Is a European woman just as willing as an American WW to run off into the sunset with a Korean or Japanese guy?

If the population of blacks in Europe grew to where they constituted at least 10% or more of the population....would they be embraced more or would it be less?

I'm not giving an opinion either way because I am honestly not sure...but I wonder what y'all think....

(This is not a bash the Euros or bash the U.S. WW thread)

2. malikom

malikom Banned

In my opinion,i think they are more liberal.

Funny how you mention european chicks marrying muslims,
    how prevalent is marriage between a european chick and a muslim from southeast asia or Africa?Ive heard about that before,about european women marrying and converting to islam.
    In my most humble opinion,i can see why alot of non muslim men (and people in general) would be upset at that.......
    Converting and giving up your beliefs that youve had all your life just for marriages/relationships is foolish to me.

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Sad but true some European women still date Muslim men after all the stories of other European women having their freedoms and children stolen. If some have low self esteem then they would love covering themselves for their husbands.

4. satyricon

satyricon Guest

Have you been reading from the "White Women Who Don't Date White Men" playbook?

--

Yes, European women in general are more "liberal" than their U.S. counterparts. There is a range of qualification behind that though.

No, it does not mean that they're interesting in dating you.

5. Soulthinker

I have not heard of the book.

6. INJERA70

INJERA70 New Member

Man come on don't stereotype Muslims with that they taking children and all that is a gross generalization man. I am sure they might be more liberal but could that also be because they don't see brothers on a regular basis? I bet if they lived here for awhile they might go screaming back to European women with the way some brothers act.

I think that it depends on the person and not where you are from because if that was the case most of the these brothers on here looking for European women would have found one by now and not be single. The possibility for a relationship with a white woman lies with you and not where the woman is from. The woman could change or as they say flip the script on you once she is married.

7. Soulthinker

With European cartoonists being under threat by Muslim men it is hard to find some of them as peaceful. Let's hope they have the testicular fortitude to be more liberal.

8. Ronja

Ronja New Member

Re: European women really more "liberal" than US W

No. I see it has quickly become a bash the Muslims thread instead...
    :x

For Malikom's and Soulthinker's information: Not all Muslims will take away the children, beat their wives etc etc...
    My aunt was married to a Muslim for almost 20 years (until he passed away). They had a normal, happy marriage, and their daughter has never lived anywhere but Sweden...

Oh, and my cousin was allowed to go to clubs, have boyfriends and wear miniskirts, even when her dad was still alive...
    :roll:

9. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

There are many European women married to every color and creed, including Muslim - and they are quitee happy.
    But Europe is more liberal anyway, not just WW. Would we ever have had the Clinton/ Monica saga in Europe?

10. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Lol @ the Clinton/Monica thing

In Germany we don't really care so much for what politicians do in their private lives.
    As long as they do their jobs well it's fine. :)

11. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

More women convert who arent with Muslim men then women who are. But of coarse the Christian majority doesnt want to hear that.

12. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

:roll:

13. satyricon

satyricon Guest

They're many books that you likely haven't heard of.

14. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Well-Known Member

Come on y'all...let's play nice 8)

15. Soulthinker

When it comes to Dubai I hope they are not that hypocritical.

16. Ronja

Ronja New Member

Back to the original post:

Speaking only for myself, I would not date a Hindu, Buddhist or Muslim. Not because I have anything against Hindus, Buddhists or Muslims, but because I'm Christian myself, and would like my man to have the same beliefs I do, and appreciate the Christian holidays as much as I do.

I also have problems picturing myself with anyone from Korea or Japan, but only because I'm just not attracted to South-East Asians for some reason.

Based on the situation in UK, the country that probably have the largest black population in Europe, I'd say more.

As people see that others are not a threat to them just because they might have a different colour and different traditions, they become more tolerant. That being said, even though I believe the average citizen will become more tolerant, I also believe the right-wing extremists will become even more extreme since they probably feel even more surrounded by "enemies".

Back to your first question: Are European women more liberal than American women? I believe so. I think Europeans are generally more liberal regardless of gender.

Perhaps it's because we know our roots and our cultures better, I don't know. Americans just seem to me like they're very concerned with which "group" they belong to (colour, political, religious etc etc) and appear to be almost confused if someone doesn't fit into their way of categorizing people.

For instance even here on this forum, there have been people who call mixed kids black, like there's only two colour-options- white and black. And you're even supposed to make a decision to raise your child white or black. (As if upbringing has a colour.) I haven't met any Europeans, on-line or in real life, who thinks it's a problem that someone isn't white or black, but mixed. And they're also not confused with the fact that someone might decide to take what they believe is the best things out of two cultures and raise a child to have one foot in both.

17. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

With thousands of US soldiers being stationed in Germany and lots of Africans a well our population of black people is big,too.
    On Blackplanet.com Germany is the country with the highest amount of female membership besides the US.

In tiny villages with a population of mainly elderly people the tolerance for a lot of things here isnt that high but anywhere else most people are quite liberal.

-there is no big interest in our politician's private lives as long as they do their job well. We even have homosexual politicians that aren't seriously looked down at
    -FKK(Freukoerperkultur). On FKK beaches that have existed since the 1920's people here can walk around totally naked. Those places were created for people to do so and not to get ugly comments from elsewhere

18. Soulthinker

That is true on Black Planet there are more German women there than any other European country.

19. Ronja

Ronja New Member

:smt045
    Here too.

Don't know when we first got nude beaches here, but they're everywhere. And as in Germany no one really cares about politicians sex life/ sexual orientation.

BTW
    -In Denmark and Sweden women are allowed to swim topless in public pools.
    -We got lots of gay and female priests.
    -Gays can get married and adopt children.
    -It's socially accepted to breastfeed in public.

20. malikom

malikom Banned

How long are there going to be U.S bases in germany?