do black women not like ww/bm together?

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by missykins, Feb 16, 2012.

1. missykins

missykins New Member

I was seeing this black guy in london for a few months and i kept getting dirty looks off black women in the street my guy said he noticed it but i didnt think anything of it i just thought maybe they just didnt like the look of me!

But then my guy said its because they think ww are taking all their men! as black women dont really find white guys attractive i have never come across this before, i have black women friends and they have not seemed upset i date black guys! has anyone else had this problem?? :smt017

2. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Just be happy you are not in the states.

3. missykins

missykins New Member

lol why? what happens over there?

4. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

It's the same thing.

If it happens here people get more offended by it even though it's the exact same behavior. :smt017 A side-eye in the US is doubly offensive to some of the board guys vs a side eye in the UK. Go figure.

5. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Much greater frequency, much greater hostility (from various groups), much more pressure to confirm to endogamous/ethno-political community standards...

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Although there are those who do, I wouldn't say that all BW feel that way. I've also had many BW friends over the years who were very supportive, & others I've come across who don't seem to have any issue with me being with BM. I have come across some extreme hostility from others, though. When it comes down to it, I don't care what anyone thinks about who I choose to date/love. If people don't like it, fuck 'em...that's their problem, not mine. I refuse to let the negativity phase me.

7. missykins

missykins New Member

I didnt think it would be worse in the US i have to been to the US loads of times as my uncle used to live there and thought it was the other way round that the uk would be worse, but i surpose i wasnt dating a black guy over there.

I understand that not all bw feel like this but it just never happened to me before and my bw friends have never said anything i feel for you guys over there putting up with this BS :smt076

8. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

some bw are like it, in london and surrey i have never had any problems, as someone said its lucky you are not in the usa, for me its mostly from homely ass white men

9. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

10. Athena

Athena New Member

I still don't understand why anyone gives a hoot who someone else dates/marries. As long as they are human and of legal age, meh, who cares.

11. Ymra

Ymra New Member

The problem is a lot of black men use as a justification for why they like white women that black women are less than, mediocre, undesirable. Also so many black men (In America) have fallen short that when a black women sees a black man with a white woman the above written seems to be reinforced.

my thoughts anyway. The vast majority of black women don't give a shit.

12. Jase

Jase Active Member

I'll never completely get these topics. Every racial and ethnic group out there has individuals of their group who do not like seeing members of their own group, especially the opposite sex, dating out. Some might be more in your face about it but no I wouldn't say "black women don't like ww/bm together" anymore than I'd say white women don't like wm/aw together. Despite the fact I've met several who don't.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  13. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

lol

Some? You know which women are the most in your face about it. :roll: Their vocality gives them the appearance of being more anti IR, whether they really are or not.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  14. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I have never encountered any hostility, blatant or subtle, from either white men or black women when I'm with a BM.

15. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I've encountered dirty looks from both. And slight verbal from BW. Mainly the question, "Why a WW?". 15 years ago I kinda bothered me, now, who cares. My children are beautiful! Lol

16. Athena

Athena New Member

You're fortunate Ches. I've experienced some hostility from BW, but no WM when with a BM.

17. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

it comes from peoples beliefs, if you take a look at the type of people who are against ww and bm and what they say you will see, i have seen people fight to the death to belittle bm and ww couples alot over the years, there is always an excuse for any type of bm ww couple

its like if they accept them for what they are it will destroy their self esteem or something or lifes not worth living

18. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Yelp. It's crazy but true.

19. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

Basically the same :)
    Some stares back home, but it was more "hmm, that's different!" than "that's so wrong!"

20. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Here in Sippi it's like, "what the fuck y'all doing!". Lol