Random media commentary

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Totally LOVED, LOVED the first two.
    The second one actually had me wanting to see the rest of it! (just visually stunning and epic!, too)
    ha @ the piss diss.

The third was interesting, (visually grand though) but that's only because I don't know the background of who is who and who killed who.

Put it this way, if it revolves mainly or often around the female leader (character) in the first two, I'd definitely want to watch it. How many seasons are they into so far?

Thanks for sharing them, btw.:D

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Shouldn't the fact that everyone's white keep u watching

Oh wait that's not enough :p

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lol, not in the least. I'm drawn to Black characters. Find them much more emotive and interesting.

Seriously dude, it's like you're a mind reader at times though...because it actually did cross my mind at the beginning...as in, I'd much rather be watching Shaka Zulu Warrior stories, or Greek Mythology/Gods scenes...but then Miss Blondie began to remind me of my fabulous Greek Cleopatra... However, I do realize to reel America in, you HAVE to have anglo-looking peeps to keep the masses returning (not like that geography wouldn't have had mostly Black and Brown people, ya know :rolleyes: )

Regardless, she really grew on me - I liked her aura of being pro-human dignity, and how she gave choice to the armies.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Come on now you know she was black

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are just trolling now...

She wasn't - she was Macedonian Greek. (there were minor Cleopatras in history - some of who were African decent, however the leader of Egypt and daughter of King Ptolemy XII Auletes, was Greek.)

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The age old argument over cleopatra continues

:eek:

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Due, there is actually NO ARGUMENT. The Afrocentricinizing of her has been universally debunked. Deal with it. :smt056

9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yep & yep. :smt023

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Got a link to back up the 'no argument' clause

Because everything I see supports the idea that this subject is inconclusive, yet every movie features her as lily white

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Did you really help base your inconclusiveness on movie depictions of showing her as 'lily-white'?(when we just established a few threads up of what pulls the masses in?) Just because she was not lily-white, did not make her Black African. She was Mediterranean, a Greek.

You don't even really need the links anymore, you could always just go to Alexandria, Egypt and see for yourself ;)

Better yet, they actually brought it to you/us. http://cleopatra.visitphilly.com/exhibition.html#aboutCleopatra

Should have checked it out. (I've got a nice replica perfume bottle she used to use, on my bureau. :D )

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

And a black guy in china is chinese

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Are we talking race nationality here, or nationality by country of residency?

A black guy in China...is still Black.

14. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Everybody loves Khaleesi. She's one of the main characters. The whole show doesn't revolve just around her, but it does often enough. :) But there are so many different awesome characters too though. There have been 4 seasons so far. Season 5 is starting in April.

Check this out:

[youtube]EjgW8_TU-oo[/youtube]

con't:

[youtube]l7VuGknEfQY[/youtube]

You're welcome. ;)

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I figured as much that it wasn't just about her, but good to know she is a main character.

These two vids were great. Lots of twists and turns.

The first one instantly reminded me of this tower in Thessaloniki, Greece, which I have been inside <3...

[​IMG]

ps: who was that incredibly sexy black guy with her in the scene? :smt007

The cont' video...Geeze Eurochick, what a scene. 'You are the moon of my life" *swoooon* The words they exchanged...holy shit, beautiful! :smt060

Me thinks I'm going to have to watch this series from episode one.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Not a black guy. He was in Conan the barbarian

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm pretty sure that midget is black too

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

If you read my post again, you will see, I was referring to the man in the first vid here...

[youtube]EjgW8_TU-oo[/youtube]

I know the who the guy in the Cont' video is - he was Kelly's boyfriend Roman in The Game, and is married to Lisa Bonet.

Sit yo 5-dollar ass down, fool. :?

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

You can take the girl out the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out the girl

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm still in it! [​IMG] :smt022