Obamas Are Sick Of The Cold In Chicago

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WW ONLY, Jul 23, 2014.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Stay out and don't debate if you're that sensitive. Like I said caught up in your feelings.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

huh?
    what?
    lol

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

"Hate-filled"

"Bullying"

[YOUTUBE]0tJGk4ofc18[/YOUTUBE]

4. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

So this went from Obamas acquiring a property to a political boxibg session? All i know is one party has the look of the real America at their conventions, while the other looks like what America used to be in the slavery days at their conventions. Images are powerful:cool:

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

When I worked with him, she wasn't even high-powered yet. She was moderately successful at her firm and he made a moderate salary teaching con law. His organizer's salary was insignificant prior to being elected to the state legislature and as state senator his salary never exceeded $60K. He was on a budget like everyone else, playing ball at the Y and eating at Panera (circa 1999-2003).

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

you made my pt.
    to alot of people, you are doing fine at 60000.

they werent broke down.

7. orejon4

True. Despite my substantial disagreements with his policies, I don't like it when he is excessively demonized like he's on the take or something. His "newfound" wealth (post-2004) is almost entirely due to his sharply increased speaking fees, renewed interest in his first book post-2004 Dem convention speech (it was a minor blip at best when first released in the late 90s) that sent it to the top of the best-seller lists, his second book and Michelle getting the U of C Hospital counsel job. There's no Illuminati secret payments. The country just started to take notice of the guy and every iron he had in the fire paid off as a result of the newfound interest.

This is probably one of the few times I would agree with paniro. I think both parties are doing the bidding of financial and industrial elites and are fundamentally anti-working class. However, I think Republicans significantly agitate the white working class in a manner that is likely to lead to rage and possibly even violence, whether intended or not. Once you let the genie out of the bottle, it is notoriously hard to control.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The GOP and Democratic Party are similar, but they aren't close to the same political parties.

The interests and agenda they represent are in many cases profoundly different.
    Democrats believe the government should be actively involved in securing the survival and viability of a thriving middle class.

The GOP couldn't care less in the middle class shrunk to 10% of the American population.

The GOP is mainly the party of big business and Wall Street. You see how they stacked the Supreme Court and the bizarre rulings that have been handed down the last few years.

Unlimited campaign contributions by corporations are now legal. Corporations now have the religious freedom to be exempted from federal law.

It kills me when conservatives begin to finally wake up and realize how bad they've been bamboozled by their own party, but they still have to add in the Democrats are 'just as bad' to rationalize that all politics are totally corrupt on both sides of the aisle.

High powered special interests control our political system, it's just that the Republicans and the Tea Party are more aligned with powerful corporate entities that don't give a damn about the long term success of the American experiment.

That's why most corporations nowadays are multinational and without geographical borders. Their loyalties aren't to countries, but to their shareholders.

When a Fortune 500 corporation can go an entire fiscal year without paying a dollar in federal income tax, thank the Republicans. The Democrats had nothing to with that.

When we hear the beaten down talking point that the tax code and regulatory environment in the U.S. is too onerous and the reason why U.S. corporations refuse to repatriate their profits stateside, thank the Republicans for giving them cover.

Progressive politicians aren't 'just as bad' as the conservatives.

There's a special ring of fire in hell for the GOP. Even Reagan wouldn't be conservative enough for this current incarnation of the Republican party.

Now the GOP is going sue the POTUS for delaying part of the ACA that requires U.S. businesses who employ more than 50 people to offer employee health insurance, a provision the GOP wanted AMENDED ANYWAY.:smt013

I think the GOP is going to have to win the WH and Congress again before people realize how extremist and radical their party has become.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

the gop is so stupid and hateful.....they are fighting putting healthy food in schools lunchrooms.

let that marinate for a minute. i have responses for the detractors of that policy.

again you would be a mindless mofo to be a staunch repub or dem but damn....repubs are making it easy to vote str8 democrat.

10. orejon4

Has anyone given any thought to a third party, or do the electoral laws discourage you from being "a spoiler"? I am more ideologically in sync with the Green Party, but without a change in election law, they seem bound to lose in most instances (with the exception of Seattle's new councilwoman).

11. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

RIG OF THE CENTURY=2000 ELECTIONS USA:cool:

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

They like to gloss over that part

13. orejon4

The Mark Twain quote? I agree 100%, but feel like we have to take advantage of every avenue available to us as citizens/human beings to make things better. Sometimes I just vote so I have a right to complain later.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

A passive disorganized electorate is what's killing our republic.

If 80% of eligible voters voted in every election, state, local and national, we'd have a radically different federal government and it would be the death of many high-powered lobbyists running Capitol Hill.

Lazy voters get shitty government.

15. orejon4

Now that's the truth.