Prince has died. R.I.P

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I feel lucky to have seen him in concert. He was incredible and very charming.
    Another Icon is gone waaay too soon.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

What!? Wow that sucks R.I.P.

6. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I was just informed of this!!! Damn. A sad day over here. R.I.P.

7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Truly an innovator and musical genius, sad day. RIP

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

9. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Rip

Chyna from wwe has passed away as well today. Why are we dying so young? Just found out my coworker passed away from cancer at the baby age of 26

10. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I still can't believe it! He was such a remarkable and eclectic artist who's music was transgenerational expanding over three decades from funk to soul to r&b to pop to disco... My God that man was a legend in the making.

He was an artist I really wanted to see before I died.

I always loved him!

I think everyone loved his music, didn't matter who you were.

Chyna too?! Dang!

11. 2legit

2legit Active Member

we are living the end times, the end is near some of the signs more earth quakes more violence and senseless killings all over the world. so go to church, mosque or temple and pray. RIP PRINCE

12. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Omg! What tragic news. R.I.P. Man what a shock. My friend literally just saw him in concert too. Soon all legends will be lost.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  13. botoan

botoan Active Member

14. FreeThinker96

FreeThinker96 Member

You beat me to it, was just about to post it if no one else did yet.

I'm not buying it for some reason, something just doesn't feel right about it. His death doesn't hit me the way it did when MJ died because I never got a chance to get into Prince's music. But I know he was a legendary artist, an iconic figure in pop. It's sad to see him go, 57 in my opinion is so young to... die ya'know? I personally don't count someone as old until they're over 80.

For some reason, I'm not buying this "flu" cause. Is it possible that they're using it to ward off speculations? An autopsy hasn't even been done yet, how can they determine the cause so quickly without examining him? I do know that while the flu virus usually doesn't necessarily cause harmful effects per se, it can trigger other problems from it's presence.

He was a star singer, I don't know... to me it just feels like, this would make more sense if it was your average joe. They may have a condition that they're unaware of and the flu further complicates things fatally. But how in the world did he let that get past him? Something just doesn't add up to me. Natural causes is one thing, that's a way of life... but if it was something that just wasn't paid attention to or neglected, that's what makes it so sad. It wasn't supposed to happen. Second death I heard of today, first one being Chyna/Joan Laurer.

Rest in peace to the legend.

15. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

That was certainly an unforgettable day when MJ died. I still can't believe he's gone. All the legendary singers are dying too young and too fast soon all we will be left with is one direction and bieber talent that's a scary thought. Never personally got into Prince's music either, but he was still such an iconic figure. Way too young to go.

16. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Prince had to cancel a show earlier this month because of problems he was having with the flu, so I kind of believe the flu explanation is legitimate.

People forget how deadly the flu can be and it sounds like Prince treated it like he just had a really bad cold.

The man might have been the healthiest rocker around.

Didn't drink, smoke or do drugs.

This reminds of the Heath Ledger death in that he needed to be in a hospital being treated for a flu like illness instead of trying to beat it on his own at home.

Such a huge loss.
    One of the truly unique music artists of all time.
    I can honestly say there was NEVER anyone like Prince Rogers Nelson.
    [​IMG]

There's some weird karma going on with Vanity and Prince dying so close together.:|

17. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Devastating news. I've loved him since I was a little girl, and my heart is broken. He's been such a huge part of my life, and I can't believe he's gone.

Rest in peace, beautiful Prince. I will always love & miss you. :smt049

18. botoan

botoan Active Member

One of the first people I thought of was you. He was the music genius of my lifetime.

19. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

:freehug:

Mine too. No one could ever even begin to compare to his legendary musical genius.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ironically, he told his audience after being released from the hospital and performing the very next day...

At the show, Prince prophetically told the crowd, "Wait a few days before you waste any prayers."

Saw this posted by a commenter...

Dearly beloved
    We are gathered here today
    To get through this thing called life

Electric word life
    It means forever and that's a mighty long time

But I'm here to tell you
    There's something else
    The after world

A world of never ending happiness
    You can always see the sun, day or night

So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills