Prince has died. R.I.P

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Apr 21, 2016.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I heard that too....

From the news I saw that he may have accidently killed himself with pain killers or the doctors made a mistake in prescribing them

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Prince looked undernourished and noticeably older in recent photos. He doubtless kept the extent of his illness secret even to friends. It is easy to believe the medication he used did hasten his death. I feel he overdosed.

3. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mayte Garcia (above) was photographed in Los Angeles on Thursday having a tearful phone conversation

Mayte Garcia: ''Prince Was 'My Everything. He's with Our Son Now''
    April 22

She was the inspiration behind Prince's hit "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World," and now Mayte Garcia is mourning the loss of her former husband, whom she tells PEOPLE exclusively was her "everything."

"I can't even think of the words of what I'm feeling," says Garcia, who also shared a photo with PEOPLE of herself with Prince that hangs in her home, in a statement through her manager Gladys Gonzalez. "This man was my everything, we had a family. I am beyond deeply saddened and devastated."

Garcia first met Prince in 1990 and was ultimately hired to dance on one of his tours. The singer-songwriter went on to produce an album for her and they wed in 1996 in Minneapolis.

In 1996, Garcia and Prince lost a son, Gregory, a week after he was born to Pfeiffer syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that affects the skull and bones in the hands and feet. They formally divorced in 2000.

"I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally," she continues. "He's with our son now."

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Nope, that was all Mike's idea. He viewed himself as the modern day Elvis. But, he couldn't be called the king of Rock and Roll. Elvis had taken that title. However, he could be the King of Pop. So, he hooked it up with MTV to air a big, televised special and bestow him with that title. It was all a publicity stunt. But, it achieved it's desired effect; cementing MJ as the king of Pop in everyone's minds and therefore history. Make no mistake about it, though, it was all MJ's idea. He called himself that.

Prince never called himself anything but his given name until Warner Brothers told him they owned it and his masters. That's when he did the whole glyph thing and everyone thought he was crazy. But, he wasn't. He was, as usual brilliantly ahead of the curve.Then, when he won them back, he returned to calling himself Prince. Every accolade he got was because his music spoke for him. He rarely did interviews. Didn't colab with a thousand different mutha fuckas'. He just put out great music and presented great performances. He didn't need to hype himself. The truly great ones never do.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Im so bad I got people popping my collar for me

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

As I recall, Michael married Lisa Marie Presley at around the time.

Prince worked with saxophonists Candy Dulfer and Eric Leeds(I think. Leeds was in the group Madhouse under Paisley Park Records).

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What do you mean his given name? It wasn't his idea to call himself "Prince?" He had no choice?

8. samson1701

Prince is actually his government name. It's the name his parents gave him. Prince Rogers Nelson. It's his real name. What, should he have gone by Roger or Nelson because it would seem more down to earth? ...lol

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So Warner Bros had power over the name his parents have him? Lol. Tell me more.

10. samson1701

Yes. That's how recording contracts were back then. You signed away everything. Same thing happened to the Jackson 5 when they moved to Epic records. They had to change the group's name to the Jacksons when they left Motown. Berry Gordy and Co. owned the name, "Jackson 5." They signed it away and it was all legal. Low down, but legal. When Prince signed his first deal at WB, he was a hungry teenager. He probably didn't have good legal representation. It happens. A lot.

Music biz is some dirty shit. Prince beat them at their own game and got his name back and his masters. When you're an artist, your name and your master recordings are everything. George Michael tried the same thing and failed.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I hear you but loosing the right to say Jackson 5 is not really the same thing as losing your name. Their last name was Jackson. You have any more examples?

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

At one time, Prince wanted to sue the Prince spaghetti company for the use of the name of their products, which had been around long before Prince came onto the scene. When PurpleRain became a smash hit, the Prince spaghetti company made a commercial with the pasta and spaghetti sauce being prominent on a stage. At the end, a woman's lace gloved hand appears to arrange the products. Looking back, I had never heard anything about the suit. I can only guess that Prince thought it was coincidental and decided not to sue.

13. samson1701

Not off hand. But, I think a lot of that is because most artists use a stage name. He didn't. Or, they never do well enough for it to be an issue because the record company releases them from their contracts because of low sales. But, when you have a mega star like Prince, they're not trying to let those dollars walk out of the door without a fight.

14. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Prince's Siblings Agree to Openly Communicate' with Each Other as They Meet in Court

05/02

Prince's sister Tyka Nelson and four of the singer's half-siblings met in court today for a hearing about the music legend's reported $250 million estate.

The singer's 55-year-old sister appeared in front of a judge in Chaska, Minnesota, on Monday in a hearing to formally appoint the "special administrator" who will handle Prince's estate.

A lawyer for Bremer Bank and Trust, the institution appointed to handle the singer's estate, said that while no will for the singer has been found, the bank is continuing to search for one.

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I thought it was $300 Million. Anyway,I hope they find that will. It is a mess when a person dies without a will.

16. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

In a crazy. odd way, yes.

They do not observe birthdays, religous holidays, reunions, etc.

JW are just as wacky as Scientoligy.

Michael Jackson was brought up as a JW, he drifted from it when he went solo, but returned when he got older with kids. He had a will. Most likely it was advised to him to make one by lawyers or advisors..

17. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I did not know he returned to JW I had not heard about it since other stories said he converted to Islam or some other religion.

18. samson1701

19. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

What did she do?

20. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

A tribute at the music Awards