Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

That's awesome! Keep it up. I was doing close to the, but as of late I'm averaging about 12-14K steps.

Good point. I let my phones track my steps. Often enouhg, my personal phone (iPhone 6), and work phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) are often within a few hundred steps of each other

2. K

K Well-Known Member

I think they are generally about the same. I have a fitbit and iphone. The biggest thing is just having it with you LOL. It would be cool if you could add in steps when you forgot the device.

Then the different apps and devices have different specifics. I wanted one that tracked flights of stairs since I go up and down stairs a lot. I have a friend who has a waterproof tracker. That's one feature I wish mine had.

BTW - the longest study that's been done on exercise found walking to be the best exercise and that was only based on like 2-3 miles a day. So, for all those who don't think it's any big deal to be walking, it's way more beneficial than most think!

3. DudeNY12

Absolutely! Many seem to write off walking, but it is truly a great way to exercise. You get your cardio, and it's low impact. I try to talk each day at lunch time. At the gym the elliptical is my favorite since you work your entire core.

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Increased 10.5mph pace to 3 minutes. Will increase time by 20 seconds per a week for a 1 minute a month increase.

I'm opposite of you guys when it comes to weight loss, my gains don't make me happy, but instead frustrated, angry, and disappointed in myself.... which becomes motivation to stick to it.

My mid section looks like a mad doughy with a tire around it. That's the area I'm focused on but it seems I'm melting off the lower portion of my body first being that's where I gain weight the most.

5. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

You guys are awesome & inspirational! Keep up the great work!! I will be running tonight with my daughter:)

6. DudeNY12

Awesome! Are y'all running for exercise only or training for an event?

7. Cherok33

Just for exercise. I would love to do an actual event; never have! I try to be very conscious of practicing good, healthy activities when I'm with my daughter. She loves working out with me, but usually when we go running she ends up playing at the park lol

8. DudeNY12

Oh OK. The events are fun. Admittedly, I totally hate training, but love the actual event. It's so much fun with the spectators and such. Maybe y'all can do one of the fun 5k like the color run. I plan to do the Marine Corp 10k again as it's become one of my favorites. I had agreed to do the Brooklyn half again in the fall, but we'll see if I can talk my way out of it:)

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm actually gonna be in DC for a 5k next month

10. DudeNY12

That's awesome. I hope it goes well. I was supposed to do the color run 5k this month with a friend but she backed out of it.

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

We all in this together!

[​IMG]

12. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

The color run, bubble run and MUD run!! :smt109 SO fun!!

13. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I wanted to do the color run with my Army buddies but I had already moved away. My friends back home wouldn't even have the color run cross their minds.

14. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

I FIND IT HIGHLY DISAPPOINTING AND INAPPROPRIATE THAT YOU'RE NOT POSTING NUDE PROGRESSION SHOTS OF YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT ON A SERIOUS NOTE..... Go fellas!!!!!!! Pump that iron hard!!!!!! Hahhahah!

15. DudeNY12

I've heard and I haven't done any of those. Gotta broaden my horizons.

16. Cherok33

I need to do the same! I have some girlfriends that have done the color run and the bubble run and they had a blast :)

Mud... Ehhh lol I don't know I don't like getting dirty

Like paint is any better lol

17. DudeNY12

I'd probably pass on the mud too:). Last year I did Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. We had such a good time. That same group of friends also do 5Ks in in NoVA too (I think in Arlington). I just need to join them.

18. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I hate staying dirty but I've got no issue getting dirty! It's crazy fun

19. Cherok33

And it's funny because it sounds like it would be fun and getting mud or dirt out of your hair has got to be a lot easier than trying to get paint out of your hair Lmao

20. DudeNY12

Right. If you were able to at least have access to a hose of sorts to rinse off the mud... I'd be OK. but if I had to get home with then dried mud... I wouldn't want to do that.

I guess that could be an issue for you ladies. I've heard that the paint washes off easily.