what do you smell like?

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by buglerroller, Sep 3, 2012.

1. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

its one thing to dress however youdress, and its another thing to smell good while you look good.

me personally there is a process to my smell...

i usually start with the cinamon buns body wash.
    [​IMG]

before im out of the shower i apply the body oil.
    [​IMG]

air dry works best with the body oil and i follow it up with either;
    [​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

what do you like to smell like?

2. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

:smt080 I have that Neutrogena oil.

I use this:

[​IMG]

then:

[​IMG]

then lately this:

[​IMG]

or this:

[​IMG]

I have lots of perfumes but I get in ruts and stick to a couple for a few months then move to another rut. :smt080

3. buglerroller

the neutrogena oil needs to have a spray bottle! I tried this sephora coconut cream dry oil and the smell was good but it didnt last like the neutrogena. now i just put the neutrogena in a spray bottle and rub it in. lol. it puts the oil on its skin and rubs it in.

[​IMG]

thsi summer its been the burberry and d&g rut. sometimes i go back to the classics like;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

im a firm believer that smell is everything!

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I usually choose something with a fresh, slightly fruity scent, for summer and something a little musky or with warm vanilla tones for winter. I use Bath & Body products (gel, lotion, body spray) rather than perfume.

5. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

I start with a touch of cashmere by Nivea.(I'm on the iPad so I cant upload pictures)

When done I either use unscented Nivea lotion or Neutrogena body oil.
    This stuff is SO good for pedis too. Soak your feet in a mix of that and I make a Hawaiian sugar scrub with coconut oil. Your feet will love you!

I normally follow that with something by black Phoenix alchemy labs:
    http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/

But lately I've been wearing a lot of baby soft for some reason.

In my hair..I lightly oil it with coconut oil scented with amber.

6. JordanC

I was gifted a body sugaring treatment at this expensive spa. At the end she rubbed warmed lotion on me. She asked me how my skin was so moisturized and soft in the Colorado semi-arid climate. She said all her clients suck up the lotion when she puts it on and my skin just took one lotioning. I said uhhh Neutrogena oil. :D

She said, DO NOT tell my clients they are wasting money on these lotions I sell here and a drugstore brand is better. I said ok. ;) Anyhow she was going to buy it.

She did do an exfoliating trick that was pretty cool. She took an ordinary (Target or Walmart) loofah. DID NOT wet it. With a dry loofah rub gently my whole body with the loofah going in circles. It was stimulating and exfoliating. So my routine is do the dry loofah on dry skin, take shower......use Neutrogena then lotion.

Loofah that looks like this. Cost < $2.

[​IMG]

7. buglerroller

i haven't gotten into exfoliating, but i have tried the body sugar treatment at a spa. an old flame of mine got me into all this stuff after we spent the weekend in cabo and they had this spa package that opened my eyes to all of this treating your body right stuff.

8. JordanC

Skin is your largest body organ.......gotta treat it right. :D

I know one of the guys are going to come in here touting their other organ. :smt043

9. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

JC, why do you use the oil AND a lotion? I may have to try your loofah trick & the Neutrogena oil. My skin has become dry over the years.

10. JordanC

The lotion "seals" in the oil. Try it. You'll like it. :p

That Neutrogena is at Walmart or Target or drugstore.com. Cheap. Put it on while you skin is still damp. Oil can be messy.....as dweb said too......put it on in the shower stall or tub.

A lot of women love makeup. I love skincare and bath/body products. I would rather look healthier than "made up".

11. buglerroller

ahhhh! i never thought about that, putting lotion on after the oil! ive found the large bottle of the neutrogena at nordstrom rack, everywhere else sells the smaller bottles.

12. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

You will die in the south if you close your pores with the smelly lotions!

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

That's true - I do tend to sweat more (oh, sorry. I tend to "glow" more) when it's hot when I have lotion on. Maybe I just need to do the oil/lotion thing at night to nourish my skin and just a light lotion during the day. *ponders*

14. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

I use this in the shower now since it's warmer out:

[​IMG]
    It's super awesome... nice minty tingle! (Also very environment safe, I took it into a lake with me while on the camping trip and used it there).

Hair:
    [​IMG]
    The scent is a combination of pineapple, mango and kiwi, although subtle.

Then if I'm actually going somewhere, a spritz or two of the bath and body works be enchanted body mist.

[​IMG]

As far as lotion and stuff... I don't like the feel of anything on my skin when it's warmer, (Stizzy makes a good point here! Even though DC's not that hot, feels like my skin can't breathe :p).
    I keep a lot of olive oil and coconut oil around for cooking, and it's also very good for the skin, so once it's cooler out, I use that after a shower.

15. saintaugusta

saintaugusta New Member

I use an essential oil called "Black Love". lol

16. JordanC

Nic good to see some Lush. I ran to the mall the other day on lunch and saw the we have a new Lush. Didn't have time to browse but I am going back at some point.

Our humidity in Colorado averages about 17-22%. We don't have issues with not needing lotions and hair conditioners. Your skin and hair will crack and fall off if you don't. :smt089

17. saintaugusta

saintaugusta New Member

Wow JordanC.... one reason I couldn't move back to Alberta... I would miss the humidity of Kentucky. My cousins' faces look older than mine just from my living here for so many years - the humidity here is more like 70% sometimes I could swear, and in the summer upwards of 80% to 90%. I should wear lotion more, but hardly ever do. I skin is naturally somewhat too, which helps. I just wear a bit of essential oils, and call it a day. As I get older I should probably wear a bit more oil, but whatever... I am a bit lazy...lol. You should move here! :D

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Nic, our bottles are similar. Mine is "Pink Chiffon"

[​IMG]

19. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

I love, love, love Lush lol. A little bit more expensive than regular shampoo and whatever... but definitely can feel the difference. I like that if you're not sure of which shampoo you'd like to buy, they'd give you samples (usually enough to wash hair 2-3 times each...) to help you decide what you want. I guess they know that people will be going back to them after trying.

Right about now, the Colorado humidity sounds fantastic... I'll be right there! :p its 70-80% humidity this week here, ick.

Hehe, nice! I think my sister has that one :). We bought 3, got 3 free, so figured we'd split the cost of the 3 to get 6... save money. I ended up paying... and she got 5 while I got one :p

20. JordanC

SA I would guess it's the sun that is aging your friend. We are quite a bit closer and those folks who don't wear sunscreen look like hags. You can't tell people.

For the most part you can counteract the low humidity on you skin by drinking lots, and moisturize. It's only temporary. When I go back to the midwest or Florida my skin has no issues and I need so much less creams etc.

That is good to hear Nic. I will definitely try to get a few samples when I go to see what's up.