Cuba and Sara call it quits on 20 yr Marriage

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Bliss, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Cuba Gooding Jr's Wife Files for Separation ... After 20 Years
    April 23rd, 2014

TMZ reports the actor's wife, Sara Kapfer, filed for separation in Los Angeles County Superior Court Tuesday, April 22. Kapfer cited irreconcilable differences as the reason behind the split in documents obtained by the website. She also requested joint physical and legal custody of their children.

[​IMG]

The "Machete Kills" star married Kapfer in 1994. The two were high school sweethearts.

Last year, during an interview with "The View," Gooding gushed about his wife and their lasting relationship.

"Like I always say, it's been five women I've been with," he said. "I was with the high school girl, then the college girl, then the newlywed, and then the mother, and now she's dealing with the kids leaving the house ... She has been changing into this other woman that I have to introduce myself to every few years. And thank God I've fallen in love with each one. It's true. I'm lucky that way."

Earlier this month, Gooding's Pacific Palisades mansion sold for $9.8 million, the L.A. Times reported.

[​IMG]

------------
    Aww damn, I really liked this couple... though there has often been allegations that he has a wandering eye, so who knows. Maybe they might reconcile...

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Sad indeed.

3. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Sad, but I can relate. This is me & my ex. People change, I'm willing to bet they just grew apart. Sometimes it's for the best. Hopeful they can maintain a mutually responsible relationship and positive environment for their beautiful babies.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

That's too bad. Well, the good thing is that, at least from what I read, their kids are older and getting ready for college, so there shouldn't be too much home life for them to miss out on.

5. I'm really late to this party. I had no idea he was married to a white woman. All these years of being a fan and I never thought to look up what his wife and kids looked like. Sad to hear about their breakup, though.

6. Cherok33

ahhhh yes. I guess maybe they tried to stay together for the kids...

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I heard he'd been cheating on his wife off an on for years.:rolleyes:

Doesn't matter now though, they're splitsville.

The longer you're together with someone, the harder you have to work to make it fresh. Dates, couples vacations, spontaneity, baths together, staying in shape, etc.

You can never allow yourself to become too content with the day to day in a long term relationship or you allow boredom to set in.

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I guess, now he gets to introduce himself to that sixth woman: the ex-wife with half of his shit.

All jokes aside, it's too bad. They were together for a long time. Especially, in Hollywood. Maybe, they'll reconcile?

9. Cherok33

good point!

I doubt they will reconcile. They have probably been trying to hold their marriage together for so long that they finally got tired. I wish them the best...

10. orejon4

Yeah, it's too bad, though. I think sometimes people place too much of a premium on keeping things "exciting". With so much focus on novelty, no wonder people are always looking for something/someone new. Maybe boring isn't necessarily a bad thing.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It is sad. I guess it is Sara's turn to say, "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" when they go to divorce court. Even if their children are grown up and heading to college, a broken home is still a broken.

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I agree. I love routine in a relationship but just in case my woman doesn't dig the day to day of living in each other's space, I try to keep it refreshed and updated.:smt080

13. orejon4

Sad, but true. I was just thinking that with the kids being out of the home, they won't have to confront a house without dad/mom constantly. I'm sure holidays will feel a bit different, but hopefully it's not as bad as when it's your home.

Smart man. Nobody's happy if mama's not happy. Lol

14. blacklexus

blacklexus Member

She sure has not aged well.....perhaps her alimony payments will change that..

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

In the current issue of the National Inquirer there is a photo of Cuba doing a dip to another blonde.

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

so true

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i dig what u r saying.....i believe what people r saying is that the partners are not putting thoughts into the marriage.

18. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

Too bad. I hope the situation doesn't turn ugly. But I have a feeling that some blog outlets are poised to go into "that's what he gets for marrying white" commentaries.

19. orejon4

I see what you mean. Failure to prioritize the relationship itself.

It is lousy of people to have this whole racial schadenfreude about relationships. I hate to see anyone not work out.